What has happened to men?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny the first thing that is mentioned is purses, when I think of "stuff that men do that is not manly," I gotta say, the first thing that comes to mind is not, "Look at that girly man, he wants to be able to carry his stuff around easily! What a sissy..." :p

Of course, I refuse to use any type of bag, despite my wife's numerous objections and her observation that I look ridiculous with my pockets as full as they are... but that's because I';m pretty sure if I carried a bag, I'd lose it within a day. heh...

Please. If you wanted to really talk about being a man, you wouldn't be talking about that ***** sport of football. Bunch of pansies running around with helmets and pads on.

ok, fine. step out on the field with some pads and a helmet with some other guys and lets see how big of pu$$ies they are. Exactly, you won't do it. go back to watching soccer.

I sometimes carry a Timbuktu messenger bag. It the same brand that many a bike messenger have battle tested on the streets of Big City, USA. It's the perfect size for a few magazines. I landed on it crashing a skateboard once. It came out better than I did. I also enjoy ballroom dancing. Tell me I'm not a man. I'm 6' 230lbs of man and I smell like one.

it's great that you enjoy ballroom dancing. i'm not saying there's anything wrong with dancing, but do you like to watch it on tv? you want your sons watching it (wow, look at him twirl). you're not some punk wearing tights and eyeliner who can hit the high notes. dancing is not inherently unmanly, but being obsessed with shows that are about dancing is.

ok, fine. step out on the field with some pads and a helmet with some other guys and lets see how big of pu$$ies they are. Exactly, you won't do it. go back to watching soccer.

If they weren't pu$$ies, they'd be playing rugby with the big boys.

Real non-pu$$ies play hockey.

DSCF0100-1.JPG

(I'm the one on the right, with the glove off pulling on her shirt)

This thread has turned gay... way gay. I want to unsubscribe but its almost to that bottom rung level where its getting good again :D

same damn difference man. football players hit harder than rugby players, and it's ONLY b/c they're wearing pads. Rugby players would not spear each other in the head at full speed, b/c they'd seriously injure themselves. And i don't mean knocking their heads into each other, i mean, full sprint my head is a f*%cking missile hits. You think a rugby player would take out an equal football player in both of their respective uniforms? Not a chance. Both the sports are equally aggressive in their own rights. Put on a helmet and get smashed in the head by a linebacker just ONE time, just for fun. Those cats have one objective when they are on the field, to destroy your a$$. The protection of the helmets and pad is negated by the ferocity and violence of the contact. In other words, it's equal to rugby, which is a sport i happen to like as well.

It's times like these that I like to lay down my curriculum vitae:

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

And I don't use a secondary.

Yooper said:
Real non-pu$$ies play hockey.

(I'm the one on the right, with the glove off pulling on her shirt)

Is that a keg on tap in the penalty box? You guys are really something up there...

McMalty said:
it's great that you enjoy ballroom dancing. i'm not saying there's anything wrong with dancing, but do you like to watch it on tv? you want your sons watching it (wow, look at him twirl). you're not some punk wearing tights and eyeliner who can hit the high notes. dancing is not inherently unmanly, but being obsessed with shows that are about dancing is.

You've got it right. I dance. I don't watch dancing on tv. I have no sons. No daughters either. I'm trying to keep it that way. If I'm wearing tights it's because I'm on my bike and the weather has dropped below the 50's. I used to sing in our church choir. Bass.

Manliness is a hard thing to gauge, I'll give you that. What matters most is that you look out for those you love. Your family and friends. But women do that too, sometimes in ways much more difficult than what men do (like childbirth).

Think about this:

A homosexual relationship is exactly like your friendship with your best bro, except they have sex with eachother. They do guy stuff, drink beer and bbq. What they don't do is lie in bed with a woman and talk about their feelings. And if you guys aren't doing that, you're not gonna get much ***** in your life.

Oh, also, I saw a comedian once who made this point. Balls are totally sensitive. If you TAP one it hurts like hell and basically immobilizes you for a good 10-30 seconds. But a ***** can take a pounding.

Oh, also, I saw a comedian once who made this point. Balls are totally sensitive. If you TAP one it hurts like hell and basically immobilizes you for a good 10-30 seconds. But a ***** can take a pounding.

Sorry, I just thought it was funny.

passedpawn said:

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

I didn't know Chuck Norris was a member here

Yeah, that's gay.

OK..so I can give a grown man the benefit of the doubt for paying someone else to do some chores. For me, I freakin HATE cleaning my pool. Hell, I hate the pool, but the wife and kids live in the damn thing so I keep it clean for them. My wife offered to do it ONCE, but after she blew up the pump casing by trying to turn the valve to backwash with the pump on, I decided it was just cheaper for me to continue doing it. If I didn't think it was a colossal waste of money to have a guy come by once a week and throw some chemicals in and brush it a little bit, I'd pay someone. When the kids are old enough they'll will certainly take on the chore. That leads me to my main gripe. What really gets my blood boiling is when I see my neighbors, who have perfectly good teenagers at home, out doing all their own yard work or worse yet, paying someone else to do it. I don't expect most kids to be able overhaul an engine, (although my dad made me spend two years restoring my first car), but when my next door neighbor who has three teenage boys at home has his WIFE out mowing the grass, it makes me want to cull the herd a bit if you know what I mean. The guy across the street has a 16 year old boy too, and I never see him outdoors except to get in his BMW to go to school. They have a yard service. So, I don't mind if a guy just says, "I've earned the right to pay someone else to do this job", especially if it something he really hates. But when you've got capable kids at home and you are not at least teaching them the value of hard work, you are not only doing a disservice to society, but mostly you're hurting your kids.

Latest posts

Back