What funny things has SWMBO said?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arpolis

Reaction score
The other night I made a dark bochet and it's caremel/burnt marshmallow goodness filled the home. At 3 am and I am fast asleep SWMBO came home from work and had to wake me from my slumber and asked.

"Did you get a cat?"

Confused and half asleep I said no but why?

She said "it smells like you have musty old litter box in the house!"

I cried a little and said the strange smell was my mead I made! :(

So I thought it was a great smell but the wife did not think so. I think she is crazy!

Do you have any funny stories to share?

"Is this going to kill me?" - every sample
"Is that going to make people sick?" - Showing her the pellicle in my lambic meads
"that's gross" - me looking at pellicle photo thread
"That's the smell I've been smelling! It's Gross, now everything in the closet smells like this!" (my pale ale was spitting out tones of sulfur and it actually was pretty gross"

All joking aside, she is very supportive of my take-over in our tiny apartment and I love her very much. We really need to move so I can get a shed.

"eww this tastes like beer!" - at every sip of anything remotely alcoholic stronger than a moscato or syrupy apple-tini... cider, mead, various cocktails, various wines... all taste too much like beer apparently.

Every time I take a sample of something I give SWMBO a taste, generally I get the shrug. The first time I gave her a taste of a finished aged mead I got the shrug as she took a sip, followed by a MMMMMM! I never got the glass back :D

My wife had major pregnancy brain when she was pregnant with my son who's now 2-1/2. And yes, it's a thing. I TOTALLY witnessed the dumbing down as the pregnancy went on. Pretty funny to watch. She's gotten back to normal mostly, but still mixes up words, like all the time. She want's to say breakfast, but says dinner. Wants to say spoon and asks for a fork. Forgets names constantly. She even confuses my son when she'll say something like "Time for bed, buddy" when he just woke up and needs to get ready for school. It's a constant source of laughter around our house. At least for me it is!

Year's ago my wife got a bit stupid on wine and fell asleep and starting talking in her sleep. She said, "I'm going to put on my high heels and go vote"! WTF? Must have been a boring dream.

Tasting Mead...

Wifey: this taste awful. It's like ass warmed over!

Best Man Friends (All 5): awesome stuff. How do you make this taste so good ?

Tasting beer...

Wifey: Wow. This is awesome ! Did I mention how attractive you are?

Best Man Friends (all 5): not invited to private parties. ;)

Better brewing through science!

(talking about my lambic and sour beers) "Can you please stop using the word "Bacteria" to describe how those beers ferment?"

Back