What do you think the new fad for BMC will be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hate this attitude around here.

None of those beers are perfect, but they're a step in the right direction, and they're better than a whole lot of "craft brew" i've tasted. There are plenty of brew pubs out there that sell absolutely terrible beer.

Agreed.

The way I see it, if a Michelob ale sampler pack or Bud American Ale is a bridge between someone regularly drinking Miller Lite and trying a "real" micro beer and loving it, (which I could compare my beer journey to over the past 5 years) than I think it is great, and the macro breweries are no doubt losing customers slowly this way.

I really hate this attitude around here.

Sorry ya feel that way, but each to his own. Feel free to start another thread titled: "What do you think the next crappiest 'brew pub' beer will be?"

If only everyone could just feel the same way about everything, then nobody would need to deal with anyone else's 'attitude'... :D

I'm thinking the next thing to happen is a "lightest beer in the world" battle. Oh wait, it's already begun.

Isn't that interesting that the macros are going after the 50 calorie, 2.5 ABV beer, while the micros are going after the 400 calorie, 20% ABV beer?

Almost everone on this forum rips on BMC --- but, think about it. Why is Bud Light the best selling beer in the world???? Demand = supply

The demand is created. Someone was helping the bars create a happy hour where "B" is $9 a bucket and "m" or "c" were $3 / bottle. "B" brewery was right down the street BTW. I tried to resist, but got tired of my tab being 100% higher than everyone else's.

-OCD

Sorry ya feel that way, but each to his own. Feel free to start another thread titled: "What do you think the next crappiest 'brew pub' beer will be?"

If only everyone could just feel the same way about everything, then nobody would need to deal with anyone else's 'attitude'... :D

I thought this forum was about appreciating beer. Not about being a beer snob.

I get the feeling that one of BMC could have a revelation, and brew the best beer in the world, and 2/3 of the people on here would call it **** without even trying.

You could put Westvleteran 12 in a bud bottle, and people here would tell you it tasted like piss.

Is that any worse than Southern Tier releasing Creme Brulee as a summer seasonal?

Don't care when Southern Tier Creme Brulee comes out... I'm buying it! all I can get! Great GREAT stuff.

I don't hold any high hopes for any major brewer after seeing this Abomination!
bud-chelada-1.jpg

If I'm feeling a cheap beer, I will go for PBR, but refuse to drink any regular or light BMC... I have however, had some of Michalobs "craft style" beers and they are not horrible. Not my pick off the shelf, but not bad.

I do think that they will continue to market the craft style beers in hopes of taking away from the micro breweries but I think there will definitely be enough loyal customers to keep them afloat...

I thought this forum was about appreciating beer. Not about being a beer snob.

I get the feeling that one of BMC could have a revelation, and brew the best beer in the world, and 2/3 of the people on here would call it **** without even trying.

You could put Westvleteran 12 in a bud bottle, and people here would tell you it tasted like piss.

Amen Brotha'...

probably would go over well in the states that don't allow smoking in bars.

"Why go outside in the cold to suck a butt... When you could just sita t the bar and suck a Budnico Beer ? Served in all finer bars."

disclaimer* Not intended for those who are pregnant or intend to become pregnant or who are currently using a Nicotine patch or gum... In rare cases can cause convulsions or death....Not to be used by minors.

lol at the Tomaco reference!

I think it's going to be a 'green' beer, and I don't mean food colouring on St-Patrick's day!

I can picture some sort of a commercial where they show that they're using solar panels for heating, growing hops on the roof and the brewmaster pedals to work. All because 'they care'. Throw in biodegradable packaging (cardboard cases made from 100% recycled fibers) and they've got a winner.

And people will drink it because "it's the same as the other stuff, but good for the environment"

:D

While I am against beer snobbery, I am all for the bashing of BMC. I also hate Walmart and most other big box stores. BMC just happens to be beer. You can start a thread called "I love giving my money to large corporations rather than passionate artisans" if you like, but I will not be a supporter of that either.

I would gladly drink a bad brewpub beer any day of the week than a BMC simply on principal. Also, the brewpubs around me make good beer and are actually in it for the brewing not as a cash cow.

That said, I do drink BMC occasionally because that is just what is right to drink sometimes. If you want to seriously discuss the drinking of commercial beer, there are better places than this IMO. That said, discussing beer with anyone who cares about beer enough to discuss it will likely lead to the same conclusions as this thread. BMC sucks and makes beer for profit, not because they are passionate or interested in providing awesome beer. It is the lowest common denominator to quote IAACB.

Not flavors - Colors. You know like a snow cone; what flavor do you want... "blue"
They can color a batch way cheaper than flavoring a batch.

Dog beer!

At Moe's Tavern.

MOE
Another Duff, Homer?

HOMER
Nah, it's Friday night, Moe. I want to try something special.

MOE
Sure, sure. (writes on a bottle) Here you go, Düff. From Sweden, huh huh.

HOMER
Goal! (takes a sip) Wait a minute, this is Duff!

MOE
Heh heh, you got me didn't you? Okay, here you go, Red Tick Beer.

HOMER
Mmm...bold, refreshing, and something I can't quite put my finger on.

At the beer processing plant, dogs are swimming in a vat of beer, a tester tastes some

TESTER
Hmm, needs more dog.

HOMER
Well, it's 1am. Better go home and spend some quality time with the kids.

Dog beer!

At Moe's Tavern.

MOE
Another Duff, Homer?

HOMER
Nah, it's Friday night, Moe. I want to try something special.

MOE
Sure, sure. (writes on a bottle) Here you go, Düff. From Sweden, huh huh.

HOMER
Goal! (takes a sip) Wait a minute, this is Duff!

MOE
Heh heh, you got me didn't you? Okay, here you go, Red Tick Beer.

HOMER
Mmm...bold, refreshing, and something I can't quite put my finger on.

At the beer processing plant, dogs are swimming in a vat of beer, a tester tastes some

TESTER
Hmm, needs more dog.

HOMER
Well, it's 1am. Better go home and spend some quality time with the kids.

just picturing that episode in my head lmao.

oh as for the new Mich ryepa it wasn't that good I thought the pale was hoppier than the ryepa and tasted better, the porter was almost flavorless just a touch of chocolate, the wheat was a little subdued but it would all depend on the temp as how much of the yeast came thru.

but i do agree with some of ya that there are some bad brew pub beers out there then there are some great 1s also. this past weekend we had some not so great brew pub beers in the smokey mountains.

I'd like to think that, aside from the lighter-than-the-others trend, anything they come out with will be good for the industry as a whole.
If it's anything resembling a craft beer (and I use that term lightly), there will be enough people who will try it just cos it's by BMC. Enough of them will actually like it enough to buy it regularly (or at least on special or holidays). Enough of them will like it enough to try something by another brewer. And still enough of that fraction will switch to true craft beers to keep the ball rolling.
I suspect what they come out with will be based on something Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada or New Belgium is having great success selling.
The true key to being a successful business these days is making a product people will pay for more cheaply than your competition does. I don't doubt for a second that BMC could match the quality of craft breweries for pennies on the dollar if they thought they could make enough profit off it.

I'd like to think that, aside from the lighter-than-the-others trend, anything they come out with will be good for the industry as a whole.
If it's anything resembling a craft beer (and I use that term lightly), there will be enough people who will try it just cos it's by BMC. Enough of them will actually like it enough to buy it regularly (or at least on special or holidays). Enough of them will like it enough to try something by another brewer. And still enough of that fraction will switch to true craft beers to keep the ball rolling.
I suspect what they come out with will be based on something Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada or New Belgium is having great success selling.
The true key to being a successful business these days is making a product people will pay for more cheaply than your competition does. I don't doubt for a second that BMC could match the quality of craft breweries for pennies on the dollar if they thought they could make enough profit off it.

Very good point, like with blue moon, it use to be cheap, like $5.99/6-pack and how it is $8.99 a lot of places so hopefully when someone sees blue moon next to some Hoegaarden with the same price they will be willing to try the Hoegaarden out.

"If i was a alcholic i would be drinking it right out the ferenter like a walrus with a bucket."

-can brew-kat haz bukket?

As to A-B, not a fan, but they do know their schitte! Everyone of 'em tastes the same (dang it).

"If i was a alcholic i would be drinking it right out the ferenter like a walrus with a bucket."

-can brew-kat haz bukket?

As to A-B, not a fan, but they do know their schitte! Everyone of 'em tastes the same (dang it).

yes, they are good at what they do, but anyone can push some buttons and then tell someone to clean up after it is done.

Very good point, like with blue moon, it use to be cheap, like $5.99/6-pack and how it is $8.99 a lot of places so hopefully when someone sees blue moon next to some Hoegaarden with the same price they will be willing to try the Hoegaarden out.
...another InBev product.

I think that Stouts and Porters will be the next fad for them.

With the recently introduced Bud Select 55, it appears that InBev is going after bottled water sales. :confused:

Latest posts

Back