What do you think the new fad for BMC will be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you all ever go to a liquor/beer store? Most of these predictions are already here.

Ah, thanks.

My prediction will be cheaper versions of craft brew styles. That way everyone can be a wannabe connoisseur and own a Hyundai that's styled like a Mercedes.

I feel like it is moving toward this, especially now that micros are becoming more popular.

There is already fruit flavored beers on the market. They are called wine cooler... Flavored beer:rolleyes: so they say:confused:

My bet is on a an IPA.

Michelob has quite a few fruity beers: Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus, Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry, and Michelob Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit.

If it's an IPA, it will be like 15 IBUs.

You guys need to bone up on your beer trivia. "B to the E" came out in like 2003 or so, and I'm pretty sure it is gone by now. For the record it tasted like ****.

http://www.answers.com/topic/b-e-b-to-the-e

We still have it at the store. There's also Sparks, Tilt, and Joose.

energy beer

It's been done. Remember B-to-the-E? That was 5 years ago.

b_to_the_e.jpg

Tilt was 2006

tilt-beer.jpg

Sparks seems to be the current favorite:

sparks.jpg

I'm sure there have been others. I've never tried any of them.
*EDIT* I see a few others have mentioned this. Sorry to beat the horse.

My neighbor works for AB so I get to sample some of their flops and newer things. One of the most disgusting of which was a rasberry flavored, budweiser energy beverage. I tasted like somebody threw a pack of nottingham in some red bull and fermented it at 80 degrees.

with a tier above that which fits the "fake craft" demographic such as Blue Moon, Budweiser American Ale, and the "new" Michelobs such as their Pale Ale, etc.

I really hate this attitude around here.

None of those beers are perfect, but they're a step in the right direction, and they're better than a whole lot of "craft brew" i've tasted. There are plenty of brew pubs out there that sell absolutely terrible beer.

There is already fruit flavored beers on the market. They are called wine cooler... Flavored beer:rolleyes: so they say:confused:

My bet is on a an IPA.

Wine cooler or Dogfish Head. Six of one one half dozen of the other, or something.

I second (or third or whatever) hops. Right now the micro craze is IPAs. Every micro in America has one these days. The trend will get big enough that the macros take notice and they'll pitch their own. And honestly, if they do cut down on the IBUs from these magaton IBU monsters the micros are currently producing, I'll welcome it.

I also think some of the old regionals coming back with "original recipes" will lead to something along the lines of Coors Classic, Bud Classic, etc.

I second (or third or whatever) hops. Right now the micro craze is IPAs. Every micro in America has one these days. The trend will get big enough that the macros take notice and they'll pitch their own. And honestly, if they do cut down on the IBUs from these magaton IBU monsters the micros are currently producing, I'll welcome it.

I also think some of the old regionals coming back with "original recipes" will lead to something along the lines of Coors Classic, Bud Classic, etc.

The things is IPA is not a cheap beer to make and that doesn't sit well with companies that have 1 purpose and that is to make as much money as possible.

So if they were going to be an ipa, they would pick the least expensive hop that has the most alpha acid and put it all in at the beginning of the boil to maximize the bitterness and I doubt they would put any hops in after that but even if they did, it wouldn't be much.

So your looking at a IPA with about 1.5 - 3oz per 5 gallons, that's not a IPA.

I tried to drink a Sparks last weekend. It didn't work...Damn, why isn't there a vomiting smilie?

FDA is getting their panties up in a bunch about caffeinated alcoholic beverages, I suspect their days may be numbered, they (rightly, I suspect) believe they are a health risk if for no other reason than ppl will consume cases and try to drive.

I think ABInbev will be coming out with a pale ale now that they have an amber. Hops will be the new "fad" but like all fads it will pass. :D

So if they were going to be an ipa, they would pick the least expensive hop that has the most alpha acid and put it all in at the beginning of the boil to maximize the bitterness and I doubt they would put any hops in after that but even if they did, it wouldn't be much.

Except there's already several beers that the Macros are making that are dryhopped. So, no.

Except there's already several beers that the Macros are making that are dryhopped. So, no.

Yeah, but how much do they dry hop? I recall reading on here that their "beechwood aging" process is to pump the beer into a tank that has some logs in it, and then pump it back out the next day. No idea if that is true, but they could probably do something cheap like that and still be legally OK to claim that they aged the beer (overnight) on beechwood.

Nicotine beer!

Half the calories. All the TAAAAR.

probably would go over well in the states that don't allow smoking in bars.

"Why go outside in the cold to suck a butt... When you could just sita t the bar and suck a Budnico Beer ? Served in all finer bars."

disclaimer* Not intended for those who are pregnant or intend to become pregnant or who are currently using a Nicotine patch or gum... In rare cases can cause convulsions or death....Not to be used by minors.

Yeah, but how much do they dry hop? I recall reading on here that their "beechwood aging" process is to pump the beer into a tank that has some logs in it, and then pump it back out the next day. No idea if that is true, but they could probably do something cheap like that and still be legally OK to claim that they aged the beer (overnight) on beechwood.

It's beechwood chips that are sterilized like crazy, steamed to remove every possible ounce of flavor, that they use to provide more surface area for the yeast on the bottom of the tanks. I've heard some AB people talk, and they're straightforward; they aren't using the beechwood for flavor, but so that the yeast can clean up the beer to the maximim degree (and presumably more quickly than if they didn't have the chips).

Next fad... honestly, if they keep going in the direction of Bud American Ale, it'll all be good. That's a decent beer that you can get pretty much anywhere. Guarantee that the "uber-light" beers (MGD 64, etc.) prove to be a fad, though - they'll be off the market in two years.

I'd guess it'll be something hoppy...a bud pale ale type brew.

If i wanted to be absurd I'd say Bud Lambic :)

Next fad... honestly, if they keep going in the direction of Bud American Ale, it'll all be good. That's a decent beer that you can get pretty much anywhere.

Wow, we have differing opinions here. I bought some of that when I was back in my tiny little home-town in OH because it was the only ale I could find. I found it so terrible that I couldn't drink it. I went back to the same store and bought some Sam Adams Lager (it was the only non-BMC beer they had.)

I tried giving the American Ale to Boston when I came back to NC... he opened a bottle, tasted it, and dumped the rest.

I threw the other 4 bottles away.

Wow, we have differing opinions here. I bought some of that when I was back in my tiny little home-town in OH because it was the only ale I could find. I found it so terrible that I couldn't drink it. I went back to the same store and bought some Sam Adams Lager (it was the only non-BMC beer they had.)

I tried giving the American Ale to Boston when I came back to NC... he opened a bottle, tasted it, and dumped the rest.

It's not my favorite by any stretch... I would never walk into a packie and buy a sizer. But, I've been in some dive-ey bars and it's been on draft, and it's certainly better than regular Bud or Miller or Miller Lite or any of that. It's a little too one-note and a little too thin-bodied, but I could drink it. It's >>>>>>>> "regular" BMC.

Thankfully, around here it's basically impossible to go out anywhere and not at least find Sam Adams on draft.

Personally I think the original recipe BM(notC) beers are better than any of their attempts at other styles. If I have a choice between Bud original and the Am. Ale. I choose the Bud everytime. Mind you I live in Wisconsin, so to avoid sacrilege I would order a High Life. Bud Am. Ale lived up to all my predictions about it.

I think we will see more of the same "facro" beers from BMC. Likely more attempts to dupe the public into thinking they are actual craft beers ala Blue Moon and Shock Top.

I have to think you got a 6 pack that had been abused. Its not perfect, but its pretty decent.

For years, I've been brewing a Rye IPA and Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter and thousands of other homebrewers have been inspired to brew those recipes. Last year, AB brought out a Bourbon Vanilla Porter. This year they introduced a Rye IPA. WTF????? Obviously, whatever I make next is what they'll make next! ;)

Yea we have a bunch of ciders at our store right now. Strongbow, Magners, Hornsbys (2 kinds), Wyders (3 or 4 kinds), Woodchuck (about 5 kinds), Original Sin, Harpoon Cider, Samuel Smiths Cider, and Woodpecker.

honestly, the beer industry is long overdue for a "fruit" fad.

Does anyone remember when there was no such thing as flavored vodka? I bet BMC is going to take off with flavored beers. The saddest part is that people will drink them.

How is that different from the apricot and pumpkin ales that the beer snob and homebrew crowd fellate so vigorously?

Something Belgian that is already available in Europe. It would be cheap, befitting InBev's MO.

Just imagine...

Jupiler, the finest of all Belgian Lagers!

(Jupiler is the Belgian Budweiser. Absolute crap!)

How is that different from the apricot and pumpkin ales that the beer snob and homebrew crowd fellate so vigorously?

Have you ever tried a Leinikugel's beer? Come to the north woods, try the difference...

The difference is a crap load of money and a much worse tasting beer with no passion and dick owners.

Latest posts

Back