What do you hate most about brew day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, you MUST taste as you cook! lol tasting at different points during a soup, sauce etc.... while seasoning on an on... only leads to better food!:mug:

^ This, plus drinking a beer and/or wine and/or cocktail while cooking.

And I almost always have a beer while brewing. It's the circle of life: for a beer to be created, a beer must be sacrificed.

^ This, plus drinking a beer and/or wine and/or cocktail while cooking.

And I almost always have a beer while brewing. It's the circle of life: for a beer to be created, a beer must be sacrificed.

As much as I love to have a brew while brewing, I wait until the work is boiling before I crack the first bottle. I learned, playing poker, that even though I may not feel the effects of the alcohol, it does affect me. I always win if I drink coffee instead of alcohol. Impaired judgement is different than impaired physical abilities.

Brilliant!

You can chill your wort and cook everything in your vegetable garden at the same time!

I'll try it and let you know, but I am guessing that by the time it is broken down to droplets and sprayed 20 feet, it will probably be close to air temperature - a nice 95F today... ;-P

1. Negotiating permission and time to brew/trying to complete brewing in a set window of time.

2. "Can you come help me feed/bathe/dress the kids?" and the dirty look that follows when I try to explain why I can't leave my brew unattended.

3. Carrying everything up from the basement, out to the house, and back in afterwards.

4. Hose clamps.

Cooling was by far the worst, but then I got a CFC and a pump. I just set it up to recirculate in the kettle and check the temp every now and then. Went from one of the worst parts to perhaps the easiest.....Except when it clogs. Then its #1 on my list.

1. Negotiating permission and time to brew/trying to complete brewing in a set window of time.

2. "Can you come help me feed/bathe/dress the kids?" and the dirty look that follows when I try to explain why I can't leave my brew unattended.

3. Carrying everything up from the basement, out to the house, and back in afterwards.

4. Hose clamps.

Oh yeah... I had forgotten about 2 and 3. I don't get too many dirty looks, because my wife usually has plenty of warning that I'll be brewing. When the kids are going bonkers and I have to stay in the general vicinity of the brewing area... yeah.

And carrying everything to and from the garage, up the deck stairs, through the kids and over the dog... my back just isn't what it used to be.

Latest posts

Back