What do you drink your mead out of ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReDim

Reaction score
I have 24 carrot crystal vine glassware and my glass beer mug that is also used as a coffee mug and water mug... I just refer to it as The Mug :)

But seriously, what do you drink mead out of ?

thanks

Really though lol, the gallon jug is for a reference. The small cup and its duplicates are for sipping and when friends/family are over. The big cup is all mine and for getting into trouble, inside only though because of bugs. The last is my outside do it while drunk bet me I can't jug, otherwise known as a bubba keg. Any true redneck, though the word is derogatory in nature I will use it, knows of this cup and most likely has one! The bubba keg holds 52 oz of num num juice and if the top is closed tight it holds it great. I have dropped it in mud, a pond, the ocean, and many other random places and only a few times has it ever had issues, those due to the top not being shut. Get you one and go boating! Mine floats when dropped in water which is superior in nature! Hoorah

1451345770448-2024075002.jpg

The few meads I've made have either been a wine glass (the one still show mead I made) or a pint glass (for the couple sparkling short meads I've made). I finally picked up a horn myself, so if I ever make another regular mead I may do that. I mainly bought it for show and don't intend to use it regularly, but same thing for my old German stein, which I don't use outside of a few pints of Märzen for Octoberfest each year.

Thank you all for replying. :)

I saw mason jars sold, like the once in the picture. Those lacked the cap for the jar, and the jar is kinda small :)

Horn is good idea, but I want to be able to hang it around my neck, and I also want a lid, like that German beer stein...

My two go to glasses are stemless wine classes and tulip glasses for almost everything.

dat's my vine glassware. The stuff inside is from the bottom of the barrel, Bottled stuff is more clear then that.

20151225_145846.jpg

Personally I'm philosophically opposed to drinking it out of a wine glass. Small glass, mason jar, horn or straight from a bottle (I find actually tastes best) if enjoying with a small group of intimate friends who aren't turned off by the idea...

Back