What did Santa bring you for Christmas??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got in at midnight last night from the drive back from San Diego and decided to open presents, I got a second burner and regulator, A stainless chugger pump, my mcmaster carr shopping cart (lid, dip tube, and post o-rings, and 2 dozen mixer inserts), a 50 dollar gift certificate to Brewmasters Warehouse, a new drill, I also got a jersey from the Dallas Stars #13 Krys Barch. It is pretty sweet, mostly because he is a cousin of mine, so I get my last name on a jersey!

I got two antique beer bottles.

One from "Ind Coope & Co, LTD"
The other is a "Jon's Ale" bottle from John Clayton Ltd.

More Christmas presents to open next month when I see the Lady.

Dang .. you all are lucky. I get (and got) one pair of black socks and a pair of Lucky Brand jeans that do not fit.

My wife however got .50 karat diamond earings. I'll tell you, I got ripped off. About $900 worth of hardened carbon.

Next year she's getting a pair of jeans that don't fit and a single pair cheap pair (Ross) of mens socks.

I feel your pain....gave the wife diamond pendant and I got jeans

I feel your pain, I'm deployed right now too, gonna be spending Christmas with the family via Skype

Same boat. The Taliban did remember me though. I got two rockets for Christmas, followed by a long stint in the bunker. Good times, Good times.

In laws got me a gift card to Morebeer, but SWMBO got me...

7816.jpg

Now I just have to wait until they make the #@#$# thing... six weeks. Gah!

i got a nice growler. been wanting 1, just couldn't justify it. swmbo also said ok to me buying a single-tier herms setup :D

SWMBO got me a 15 gallon Blingmann boilermaker :rockin:

im in the process of building an IC in my living room right now... since i never used one before with my little 4 gal pot. local home brew shop sells them for like $80-90 so i figured id build my own for fun...materials minus a garden hose for the water inlet came in at ~$90 including tax.

cant wait to use it... im doing a 10 gallon PM version of Ed Worts Haus pale ale once i get it finished up in a day or so.

I got a Foodsaver. Looking forward to getting some fresh hops going this spring. Plus, ordering up some bulk hops for divvying up!

Also thinking of using it for milled grain. My LHBS is a bit off the beaten path so I could pick up multiple batches worth of grain, vacuum seal and freeze them for future brews.

I'm also expecting a conical fermenter like ubermick up there, but I have to wait until the drawing on the 28th. ;)

I'm in the beginning stages of building a heavily beefed up solsylva cnc router table, then on to a plasma table.. eventually replacing the solsylva with a mechmate (using motors, racks, etc on the solsylva that can later be used on the mechmate)..

A hobby/obsession that I'm believing will give back to me...

Same boat. The Taliban did remember me though. I got two rockets for Christmas, followed by a long stint in the bunker. Good times, Good times.

God bless you guys.. You are in my mind, heart, and prayers.... It's because of what you do, that I have the freedom to vote, speak, prosper, and worship...

From an older jarhead to a soldier in harms way.. THANK YOU! And Merry Christmas!
:mug:

I'm waiting for a company other than apple to improve on them and come out with something better, as always happens with Apple products. :D

I hear ya loud and clear, but I've become a bit of a purist in that area.. It's just easier for me (albeit more costly)....

I don't know if I agree with the 'improve on them' part.. but they definitely come much more inexpensive... and do 'as good as'.....

God bless you guys.. You are in my mind, heart, and prayers.... It's because of what you do, that I have the freedom to vote, speak, prosper, and worship...

From an older jarhead to a soldier in harms way.. THANK YOU! And Merry Christmas!

Hey,

I b!tch a little but you guys are paying me well to be here and don't charge me leave anymore for mid-tour or taxes for the year I'm here. As long as I am not the unlucky bast*rd that catches a rocket I don't really have it too bad.

All Stainless two tap tower.
My younger brother-in-law's used Wii (he got a 360 to replace it). So I need some wii games. I bought the Wii sports resort game only to find that his controllers were so old they needed that wii motion plus add on. I really didn't want to have to start buying extra stuff.
We got giftcards and such as well.
The biggest thing was totally surprising SWMBO with a brand new Dell Laptop, her old computer was 9 years old. So that gives me some extra points for a while (to use on more brewing equipment(.

A ph meter

Yeast: A Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation.

Neoprene 6 pack holder

numerous new beers to sample

I got a Sanchez (Jets) jersey, a digital picture frame, several magazine subscriptions, a new hat, an awesome pen, lots of gift cards and spending time with my fiance, her family and mine.

It was a good Christmas.

Well, since my earlier post, I gained a few of those prepaid credit cards. Already burned those puppies up! :)

Soon to be delivered:
4 ball lock kegs
24 1 oz bags of Hops to experiment / play with
Johnson Manual Controller

:)
:)

That reminds me, I also got:
How to Brew Great Beers
Cooking for Geeks

My in laws got me cooking for geeks too. It looks like I will really like it.

I didn't get anything brewing related but I did get a bunch of things for the kitchen that I have been wanting and a new laptop.

gf got me a TAD system.

On my list to get with leftover money after all the bills are paid:

7 gal pot for full boils and immersion chiller.

I got 2 packages of O2 Barrier caps, a 2L Flask, and a case of bottles from my BIL. I got The Compleat Meadmaker from the wife.

I gave a Subscription to AHA and a copy of How to Brew to a friend.

I hear ya loud and clear, but I've become a bit of a purist in that area.. It's just easier for me (albeit more costly)....

I don't know if I agree with the 'improve on them' part.. but they definitely come much more inexpensive... and do 'as good as'.....

as good as - apple proprietary restrictions = "improved"

:D

2 keggels, 1 coleman extreme marine plus14.5 gal soon to be MLT, new regulator, propane tank, some random craft beers, and a **** ton of construction on my Brew House.

The keggels
163880_171107122924770_100000764518494_306155_6223628_n.jpg

163880_171107126258103_100000764518494_306156_4005490_n.jpg

He made the coors logos look like mountains :)

(see my blog for more pics www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com)

as good as - apple proprietary restrictions = "improved"

:D

Proprietary = good thing to some people (ie quality control)
Proprietary = bad thing to other people (ie cost, choices, etc.)

As I get older, I'm learning to 'choose my battles carefully'... The whole mac vs PC thing is 'not' an important battle, IMO.. not even a little important... I'll save my strength for those battles that are worth fighting...

Some people turn the whole computer thing into religion.. I'm not one of them.. I already have a 'real' religion...

So you buy whatever you want, for whatever reason you want.. I'm fine with that.. But for 'me' I want an iPad... and I don't really care whether anyone else approves of that or not....

I thought I did pretty well here, but man, some folks really made out. I got a pile of 2ml microfuge tubes for yeast storage and a couple brewing books. Of course, I bought myself a 20g & 30g boilermakers, and brew stand used from a chap in Milwaukee that I am picking up later this week, so maybe I didn't do as bad as I thought? :p

I got a nice pullover.. (but the wrong size)..

most importantly, I got home safely in the middle of a pretty nasty snow storm (no thanks to the idiot following me so close I couldn't see his/her tail lights)...

Then I pulled a couple pints of Pale Ale out of the kegger....

i received an early christmas gift of my first child, my daughter arrived on the 17th.....couldn't of asked for anything better. Received gifts xmas morning but nothing compared to this. Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!

i received an early christmas gift of my first child, my daughter arrived on the 17th.....couldn't of asked for anything better. Received gifts xmas morning but nothing compared to this. Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!

May God Bless and Keep you all. That truly is the most special gift.

The presents under the tree were great but the single best "present" my wife, my youngest son and I got was my oldest son home from college for the Holidays.

Back