What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grass fed and corn finished... mmm..
Years ago at a farmers market one of the local ag groups was doing a 'scientific' taste test of steak... All grain fed, vs all grass vs grass and grain finished. I blind sampled all and the guy told me which was which afterwards (taste was vastly different even blind).

The pure grain fed steak was fatty but flavorless. The grass fed was extremely flavorful but a tad dry. The grass fed and grain finished was life changing though. Best of both worlds.

Atomic Buffalo Turds coming up this weekend.

Also, hobo pies in the camp cookers, with friends. Everyone brings their camp cookers and we just line them with buttery biscuit dough and shove whatever we got laying around in there. Wife is planning breakfast pies, and I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. Thinking about trying PB&J to see what happens.

Holly geez....can I really make pizza Fatty's AND smoked ABTs this weekend?? I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Atomic Buffalo Turds coming up this weekend.

Also, hobo pies in the camp cookers, with friends. Everyone brings their camp cookers and we just line them with buttery biscuit dough and shove whatever we got laying around in there. Wife is planning breakfast pies, and I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. Thinking about trying PB&J to see what happens.

Pizza hobo pie with peanut butter and brown sugar hobo pie for desert!

D80CB2DD-05A1-44E7-9755-1CD2C27AC8D8_zpsnzgarb7m.jpg

Home extruded pasta, home canned tomatoes, grass fed beef.
Cheers to a great weekend, all! :mug:

We're doing the super traditional 4th cookout fare in a little bit - brats, dogs, watermelon, potato chips, etc., probably s'mores later.

Looking forward to bratwurst and eggs tomorrow morning.

Back