What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hops from Farmhouse. Ordered at 4:30 yesterday. Arrived 4:30 today. Brewing tomorrow.
IMG_2807.jpeg

View attachment 825946
4 gallon fermentor. I’m very happy, it is built much more sturdily than the Anvil SS bucket! It totally worth spending more, but I didn’t. The Delta was on sale and actually a dollar less than the 4 gallon bucket. 😀
I still get pissed every time I look at my Anvil with it's lame plastic holder. For the most part the fancy glue I put on it for all the cracks is holding it together...for how long though ? Won't buy another one unless it has SS bucket holder. Congrats on that beautiful shiny bucket ! Makes me all warm and fuzzy !

Nice haul.
Had not read of Northwest Hop Farms before...

Cheers!
This is my fifth or sixth order from them, and never a problem.

They're slower to ship, and shipping takes longer, and their minimum-size bag is half a pound. But ... but! ... they have almost everything. Lubelski, plus 4 other Polish varietals? Half a dozen Ukrainian hops? Indie Hops varietals (Strata, Lorien, Meridian)? Great Lakes (Bergamot, Michigan Copper, etc.)? Obscure English hops that are out of stock everywhere else (Phoenix)? Check, check, check, check.

I still get pissed every time I look at my Anvil with its lame plastic holder. For the most part the fancy glue I put on it for all the cracks is holding it together...for how long though ? Won't buy another one unless it has SS bucket holder. Congrats on that beautiful shiny bucket ! Makes me all warm and fuzzy !
Thank you Mr. Walker, I’ve been to a HBC member’s home and saw a small anvil bucket badly dented. I didn’t ask what had happened. I suppose if one smacks something hard enough. Anyway for those of us that are not going to drop big money on a conical or Speidel (still has all the drawbacks of plastic) fermentor This is worthy of a purchase. Surely I’ll be yapping about it when I get to use it! 😉

Thank you Mr. Walker, I’ve been to a HBC member’s home and saw a small anvil bucket badly dented. I didn’t ask what had happened. I suppose if one smacks something hard enough. Anyway for those of us that are not going to drop big money on a conical or Speidel (still has all the drawbacks of plastic) fermentor This is worthy of a purchase. Surely I’ll be yapping about it when I get to use it! 😉
Trust me I've been seriously eyeing it online with wonton envious eyes ! I can't for the life of me see past the vision of my wife dropping a low yield thermo nuke device for buying yet another fermenter. 3 SS fermenters , 7,7 and 4 gal , 2 big 7 gal plastic buckets( even though I no longer use them ) a 3 gal big mouth bubbler and heck, I even still have my two 20 year old beginner Mr Beer barrels hanging around... Sentimental I guess. I do occasionally use the Mr Beer just for small batch experiment brews...I'm a husband trying to figure out how to smooth my wife..wishful thinking, foolish notions and down right teetering on the edge of wife nuclear destruction 😳...all for the uncontrollable lust for another shiny piece of brewing heaven...

Got my supplies for tomorrow in the mail today, brewing a Franconian Marzen tomorrow, my local home brew shop did not stock Mangrove Jack M 84 or Hersbrucker hops needed for my brew, using the sponsor directory here, I ordered my supplies from Anapolis home brew, my package arrived boxed well and complete in a timely manner..

Attachments

• 20230810_172659.jpg
    20230810_172659.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 0
Also got 1lb of Citra but the vacuum seal was broken on the bag so I immediately vacuum sealed it into individual 2oz packets. This is the second time I got an unsealed bag from Yakima, last time it was a bag of Galaxy which they sent a replacement for. Not a big deal I guess, I dont want to be on their repeat offender list complaining about unsealed bags.

PXL_20230811_152101634.jpg

Last edited:
A stick, I bet. I buy a lot of pellets by the pound from YVH and did have one of their metallized mylar bags arrive with a loss of seal - and actually found the stick that caused it. As well, through my own handling cramming bags of pellets in my top-freezer space I had a stick puncture a bag. In those cases I break out the Foodsaver and make up oversized bags that can be cut open then resealed again many times...

Cheers!

A stick, I bet. I buy a lot of pellets by the pound from YVH and did have one of their metallized mylar bags arrive with a loss of seal - and actually found the stick that caused it. As well, through my own handling cramming bags of pellets in my top-freezer space I had a stick puncture a bag. In those cases I break out the Foodsaver and make up oversized bags that can be cut open then resealed again many times...

Cheers!
Yeah I sent them an email just looking to determine if it occurred in transit or has it been sitting exposed to oxygen in a warehouse for who knows how long. I'm not sure if the packing crew would intentionally ship out a non sealed bag. If it's an in transit thing then I am fine with it.

I pack all of my bulk hops in 2oz packs using a vacuum sealer and store them in the freezer. It's time consuming but it's a nice balance between keeping hops as fresh as possible and convenience on brew day.

Trust me I've been seriously eyeing it online with wonton envious eyes ! I can't for the life of me see past the vision of my wife dropping a low yield thermo nuke device for buying yet another fermenter. 3 SS fermenters , 7,7 and 4 gal , 2 big 7 gal plastic buckets( even though I no longer use them ) a 3 gal big mouth bubbler and heck, I even still have my two 20 year old beginner Mr Beer barrels hanging around... Sentimental I guess. I do occasionally use the Mr Beer just for small batch experiment brews...I'm a husband trying to figure out how to smooth my wife..wishful thinking, foolish notions and down right teetering on the edge of wife nuclear destruction 😳...all for the uncontrollable lust for another shiny piece of brewing heaven...
It’s still on sale. 🤠 you can make space by moving out those plastic pails you don’t use, but if you did use them they’d need replacing. Stainless isn’t indestructible but it’s going to last. That’s the best convincing I can do. It worked on myself. 😉
DB4827DA-350E-4F70-A78B-53877166786E.jpeg

This is what came in the mail for me today a siphon for my hop water. I’ll see how it dispenses after it settles in the fridge.

Last edited:
It’s still on sale. 🤠 you can make space by moving out those plastic pails you don’t use, but if you did use them they’d need replacing. Stainless isn’t indestructible but it’s going to last. That’s the best convincing I can do. It worked on myself. 😉View attachment 827410
This is what came in the mail for me today a siphon for my hop water. I’ll see how it dispenses after it settles in the fridge.
I've got one of those sitting on a shelf in the garage -- it was my parents' and I got it in the estate since I was voted "Most Likely To Get Drunk" among my siblings.

Did you seriously use it to carbonate fresh beer? Please keep us informed on how it works for you...

Meanwhile, I pinged the GermanSteins.com shop for a couple of 16oz Craft Beer glasses, two maple stein covers, and a sleeve of Hofbrauhaus Munich paper coasters, all of which arrived in great condition Thursday afternoon with the mail.

Did you seriously use it to carbonate fresh beer? Please keep us informed on how it works for you...
LOL, no, not for beer. When I say hop water I mean hops and water, this has a little flavoring to be blueberry. The “soda siphon” is intended to carbonate water for seltzer. I don’t no why it has long lasting foam, but hop water is in the bottle. There’s no control of the amount of CO2 so not a good solution for carbing beer and one wouldn’t be able to purge the headspace cost effectively without having a set up to keg anyway.

What I hope to be the last co2 regulator for a while. Finally got tired of getting cheap ones from allmamoneyzgone and went with the komos one from morebeer, with the guard. I've broken three from falling over (no I didn't learn after the first one), and the last one I got arrived pre-broken for my convenience. The Komos isn't the best (could not condone spending the $$ for the taprite) but arrived in excellent shape, with a duotight adapter. The guard is very heavy duty, with some sharp edges that I'll smooth out with my dremel when I get around to it; that regulator ain't gonna break unless I drop it from a height. Should note that the previous fall-overs happened because it's my 5lb tank, gets top-heavy and sometimes I don't put it in a safe place. 20lb tank is wedged between the kegerator and a standing cabinet that even the dogs can't knock over.

Nothing related to brewing.

A pass-through socket set, a clamp on torque wrench adapter, and two 2.5x10" 5-micron carbon block water filters.

Back