What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not "Munich", that's "Munich Classic", which has always been called that, it's the Lallemand version of the Weihenstephan weizen strain, like Wyeast 3068 etc

Yes it was really confusing them having "Munich" and "Munich Classic", which is why they rebranded the former.
What the what ? Over my head.

Attachments

• IMG_20230613_133902.gif
    IMG_20230613_133902.gif
    114.1 KB · Views: 0
I use Belle Saison and Nelson Sauvin regularly. I have 2 packets of Voss and for the life of me can't remember why I bought it. What is it's best use?
I'm answering a bit late, sorry.
I don't know what Voss are best for, but I used them for casual light beers: pilsner malt and a dash of light caramel malt or pilsner malt only, hopped with one variety (polish oktawia or marynka). These beers were fermented in the lower temperature range and came out decent on the one hand, and quite bland on the other. When hopping with oktawia (Smash pilsner-oktawia) I gave it more so it was more noticeable and pleasent, with the marynka and the addition of caramel the beer went more British.
Only recently I gave them the wort after schwarzbier / cold robust porter (hehe) and it turned out fine.

I thought it was an Aeration stone but what ever. I can now actually ferment in the thing. Thanks to both Morebeer and Kegland for the vague descriptions of what comes with the Fermzilla and which extra items you need to use it. But now I know. And if you are interested in purchasing one, read the info carefully. To get your bang for your buck, it will cost you extra bucks and time while you figure it out and wait on the necessary components to arrive.

Food science books for my son. I know it's not about fermentations directly, but keeping a 13-year old interested in something other than a screen is so difficult! I mean, my grandmother just chased me out of the house with a wet dishtowel and I was supposed to wander the Earth until the streetlights came on. In today's world, that's child neglect.

Sorry, that sounds political, but really, I think my kids are missing out on some valuable experiences that we (older generations) had access to.

Yesterday actually. Lots of gunk in the dip tubes but not bad otherwise. And they do seem to hold pressure without replacing anything.

View attachment 823649
Put new seals on anyway. Cheap and probably save you unnecessary trouble and headaches. Better to spend a few bucks than lose a keg worth of beer !

View attachment 823785
Oxebar not sure it will be the good fit for what I wanted to use it for, but I’m sure I’ll find a use for it.
Quick question about that; Is the lid like a standard pop-bottle, or bigger or differently threaded? ..just wondering because I've been using this for sanitizing and such, but would like something bigger for bulk tap-cleaning.

IMG_1442 copy.jpeg

Quick question about that; Is the lid like a standard pop-bottle, or bigger or differently threaded? ..just wondering because I've been using this for sanitizing and such, but would like something bigger for bulk tap-cleaning.

View attachment 823794
It seems to fit a kombucha bottle and I’ve seen those in about a 3qt or half gallon size. And, Kegland Australia apparently has one smaller, but was out of stock the last time I looked. I just want a container of hop water to dispense from the kitchen fridge without taking up too much room. What is that T fitting, may I ask?

It seems to fit a kombucha bottle and I’ve seen those in about a 3qt or half gallon size. And, Kegland Australia apparently has one smaller, but was out of stock the last time I looked. I just want a container of hop water to dispense from the kitchen fridge without taking up too much room.

I don't think the 4L size has ever been in stock. It's been "coming soon" forever.
not long after I ticked the box @KegLand I received an email that the small one was in stock $20 each and no shipping to the US. The link for US was also $20. 😕 yesterday I bought the huge bottle of booch. Plastic juice bottles may work, but I don’t know how they would do under pressure- that experiment could get messy.

Could strap it on your back like a scuba tank and be the “life of the party”! 😉
Or just run a line from the picnic tap to your mouthpiece and keep the party to yourself.

Plastic juice bottles may work, but I don’t know how they would do under pressure- that experiment could get messy.
Yeah, I'm not too optimistic about that one. Costco or Sam's used to sell 3 liter bottles of their house brand sodas, but I haven't seen those in a while.

Back in the day we used to use 3 liter soda bottles. I still have a carb cap from the 90s. It fits Fermzillas. We would carb and or just pressurize bottles to take places. Up to about 10 psi. Never had one burst.
Can't seem to find those 3 litre pet bottles on the shelves anymore. Wish I'd known and stocked up.

YVH had a 4th of July sale and I needed to backfill some holes in my inventory (Simcoe, Amarillo and Mosaic) and ordered three pounds on Tuesday. FedEx got the hops Wednesday in Oregon, claimed they would arrive here Thursday (riiiight) but they did made it to Memphis on Thursday.

We were heading to The Cape Of Cod Friday noon-ish so I was sweating a bit, but just as we were about to pull out of the driveway the FedEx guy arrived. Winning! :rock:

Cheers!

Back