What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in the mail, but special delivery from a friend that traveled down to the competition.
D22AC012-9B3A-428E-B354-FAAB8B71A6DF.jpeg

Really awesome metal with all the deets about the 2nd BOS winning beer engraved on the back.
617DFDA1-0143-4007-A41D-30FA31BE3E4C.jpeg

Many goodie’s from winning beer including some not shown.

Odds and sods yesterday. Amazon order with an 8 oz bottle of Cook's root beer extract. Never tried it, but seems the Zatarain is no longer available. A little spendy, but I'll give it a try.

Also got some replacement spigots for a bottling bucket. Of course they sell them in packages of 4. My wife will be selling the other 3 at an estate sale after I kick off. :yes:

1000016685.jpg

Odds and sods yesterday. Amazon order with an 8 oz bottle of Cook's root beer extract. Never tried it, but seems the Zatarain is no longer available. A little spendy, but I'll give it a try.

Also got some replacement spigots for a bottling bucket. Of course they sell them in packages of 4. My wife will be selling the other 3 at an estate sale after I kick off. :yes:

View attachment 834618
Please post your opinion on the root beer extract?

I'm on my last bottle of Zat's so I'd be interested. Thanks.

1700861196454.png

this omg this

my new flat bottom fermenter with temp twister coil and thermowell.

this thing is beautiful. light weight see through wide mouth . no siphon spigot . i love it.

gonna try it out tomoro with an extract brew
psyched

Attachments

• 1700861357644.png
    1700861357644.png
    459.1 KB · Views: 0
its a temp twister from morebeer i think i paid 35$ with discount
the whole system was less than 100$ with shipping
which included lid, temp twister, fermenter ,and thermowell

it was either this or the ball and keg temp control coil which was more money

this fits in fermzilla and fermonster and a lot of ss fermenters and also a 6 gallon bucket if you want.

i am hoping to get it down to 54 in a 70 degree room with the recirculating ice box. i think it should work with insulation.

trying it out tomorow

cheers

No, they are independent of each other to facillitate production of different beer recipes. The one w/ the airlock and temperature controller is the ony active fermentor at this time. You can see hose and the inactive controller in the background for the other (new) fermenter. The cooler will hold one large and 3 small ice packs to effectively keep temperature in the 60's for about 12 hrs (change x2 daily) when both are in action. I have previously run dual 5 gal and 2.5 gal batches (different beers) and early on ran 2.5 gal split batches (Ss Brewbucket Mini) of a 5 gal single recipe before upgrading to add the 7.5 gallon brew bucket. My production w/ the current set-up is exclusively devoted to brewing a variety of ales based fermentation/temperature limitations . The addition of the new fermentor is likely the final upgrade and finish to the brewery unless my F-in-law and I change our consumption habits to better keep up with production.

Last edited:
Back