What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An STC-1000! I'll be shopping for a project box this weekend, and finishing up my paint job on the freezer!

SWMBO got me a Nighthawk growler for my birthday today.

It looks very well made and am looking forward to trying it out.

2013-06-29 07.05.28 (Small).jpg

A new 1200w meat grinder with sausage making attachment.

Technically I can justify posting this on this forum as a bratwurst with sauerkraut is my snack of choice whilst brewing. Now whilst making my own beer I can be eating eating my own sausa...... Wait that sounds wrong.....eating sausage I made myself! Lol

After almost 8 years of brewing, my first recipe kit. I formulate all my own recipes, but something about this one just sounded good and AHS was offering free shipping on all their house recipe kits.

image-454509277.jpg

barrooze said:
I did my own version on that earlier this year. Was a pretty big fan. :)

I had thought about using the info on their site to guess the recipe, but since they were offering free shipping I just ordered it. The great thing is now I have the recipe. So if I really like it, I can just get the stuff to make it without having to buy the kit.

I had thought about using the info on their site to guess the recipe, but since they were offering free shipping I just ordered it. The great thing is now I have the recipe. So if I really like it, I can just get the stuff to make it without having to buy the kit.

Is this essentially it?

.5lbs acid malt
9lbs two row
1lb flaked wheat
1oz progress at 60
.5oz ginger root

barrooze said:
Is this essentially it?

Yep, that's exactly it. Plus I think 2 oz of peach flavoring at bottling. I'm not home right now, but I think it's 2 oz.

Blichman Beer Gun, hoses and fittings and a gas splitter with valves to shut the Beer Gun's line off when not in use

I haven't bottled in probably 8 years, but I am having some kegerator space issues and figured, what the hell?

Grains for mosaic pale ale and cream ale. Double brew day Wednesday!! Trying out some mangrove jack west coast ale yeast.

chetduggan said:
A pot/reflux still. Ah, on to a new adventure!!! lol

So you're going to be making distilled water for brewing, right? ;)

A bunch of liquid line from McMaster-Carr, which was super cheap, so now I can hook up 30 feet of line to my 30 psi keg of root beer.

Various stuff from Label Peelers. Hops and yeast for a Kölsch, bottling stuff for my Quad....

A second bayou classic sq14 with BG12 burner and a dual valve 10 psi regulator.
31ZNZ3jb0CL.jpg

the old turkey fryer with its worn out thermocouple would not stay lit. To the scrap yard you go!

Two new credit cards to spend money I don't have on more beer stuff, my new super-accurate hydrometer, and a few new plastic bits for homebrewing! Hooray!

Finally happy to post o this thread. I received a low profile 5 gal keg system and also a cream ale all grain kit with two packs of 1056!

I got these yesterday afternoon;
http://[URL=http://s563.photobucket.com/user/unionrdr/media/PICT0003_zps57795ff2.jpg.html] [/URL]
Needed some more bits & pieces. The blue thing is for the hydrometer tube to make it stand up steadier. It's from NB & is only $1.60. My ale pail needed a bigger,more legible stick on thermometer,& my BB it stuck on near the top,so I got one for near the middle where I like it. I needed a better thermometer,so I got the digital laser one from midwest to try. The 12oz scoop will come in handy when getting the crushed grains from the 5G bucket into the MT.

4lbs of hops from farmhouse brewing!!!

Can't wait to start brewing up some IPAs.

Also got in on the "buy one, get one free" Pliny Clone from Austin Homebrew, that came in on wednesday.

My 3/8" X 66" long line cleaning brush just came in from keg connection a little while ago. Now i can use PBW with it to clean those long racking tubes,blow offs,etc clean as new.

A 10 minute off delay timing relay to run the fan on my 5000btu A/C in my fermentation chamber build. Dirt cheap on eBay from China.

unionrdr said:
My 3/8" X 66" long line cleaning brush just came in from keg connection a little while ago. Now i can use PBW with it to clean those long racking tubes,blow offs,etc clean as new.

I've been looking for one to clean the tubes in kegs. I'll have to check them out.

Back