What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my tower faucet.

ForumRunner_20130731_202259.jpg

Came home and saw the package and immediately installed it. Couldn't be happier.

Overall it won't be much more than the PID, and a couple of switches. Thanks for the info - I will be spending some at Lowes for some other projects as well, so I will keep my eyes out!

n240sxguy said:
Lowes has a 6x6x4 PVC box that would probably work nicely for the PID if that's all you have to mount in the box.

My Auber PID. Unfortunately I ordered it in 1/2" and the port purchased through Brewhardware is 1/4". That'll teach me to not order stainless steel bling at 1am.

Got a pack of 16 gram, food-grade cartridges for my keg charger, only to find out the neck is too long! Apparently the keg charger I got only uses their own cartridges... $25 wasted: (

got this bayou burner yesterday, this thing is a tank, if you thinking of getting a burner you cant go wrong here. Ive heard of people using it for 1bbl! i wouldnt doubt it either, very large frame and heavy as can be, cant wait to brew this weekend :D

2013-08-01 08.01.15.jpg

got this bayou burner yesterday, this thing is a tank, if you thinking of getting a burner you cant go wrong here. Ive heard of people using it for 1bbl! i wouldnt doubt it either, very large frame and heavy as can be, cant wait to brew this weekend :D

I have that and it is great! Just be careful how high you crank it up or you'll burn through your gas at an unbelievable rate!

I have one of those or a similar model. You may want to consider making a chimney for it. Doing so extended my gas tanks live cycle by >3X. I took some flashing, wrapped it around and screwed it to the frame. Lots of heat loss before because the burner was so much lower than the top. Not a great built in windshield either. I come to a boil faster now too.

I have that and it is great! Just be careful how high you crank it up or you'll burn through your gas at an unbelievable rate!

thanks for the advice guys. Ill start it very low at first and figure out what it takes to bring it to a boil. Very excited to use this sunday once i get back from the not-so-local HBS in KC and a free tour at boulevard brewing :D

Wine kit for the wife, flaked wheat, 5 gal hdpe jug, big nylon bag, dry yeast packets, and some bitter orange peel.

My new Apple Time Capsule. The delivery man came when I was in the middle of cutting the top off of a keg for my new mash tun. He asked why I was destroying a perfectly good keg. After I told him that I had dumped out the horse piss that had been previously in it, he seemed satisfied. He then told me his tenants had one sitting in their yard, and if they don't want it, he's going to drop it off in my yard. I think I just made a new friend!

The Short Course in Beer book. I read it several years ago. It's what got me to expand my palate from bud light to the wonderful goodness of full flavored beer. This book taught me to respect all beer, even BMC. There's some good history in there about how the light German lager took hold of America.

Just checked the FedEx tracking and my 2 march pumps and super chiller w recirculation from morebeer are scheduled to arrive today. This stuff is for my new brutus system that my fathers been building for me... Here's a pic...

image.jpg

New 6G BB carboy w/ bung & Double-bubble airlock, Whirlfloc tabs, new hop sacks, and ingredients for a chocolate mint stout & a Dunkelweizen.

Yesterday I got yet another 5 gallon carboy from NB for my next batch of Apfelwein. Oh, and My SOG Sealpup knife with kydex sheath came in, too.

You can never have enough fermenters, guns, knives, and flashlights!

I've got 2 Sealpups, they are a workhorse of a knife.

Yesterday I got yet another 5 gallon carboy from NB for my next batch of Apfelwein. Oh, and My SOG Sealpup knife with kydex sheath came in, too.

You'll def like the barley crusher grain mill. The .039" factory setting works real well for my PB/PM BIAB beers. Nice even crush with a lot less of that floury part on that setting ime. Enjoy man,I sure do! :rockin::ban::rockin:
Late Wednesday afternoon I got my grains,hops,& plain light DME for two more batches of my IPA's for early fall. After that,another batch of my Whiskely ale,but with a milk stout base this time.

My mini PC mic came in yesterday. I now have what I need to make a ghetto lapel mic for doin my videos with. My grains,extracts,hops,etc cqme in 2 weeks ago for two more PM IPA's when the weather cools down a bit.

Back