What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for ups to deliver my Grainfather. I'm starting to get a little worried they delivered it to the wrong house.

Were you not supplied a tracking number? You bought it from Northern Brewer, right? They should have a tracking number in your 'My Orders' section in your account page..

Sadly, the only mail I received today was yet another coersion letter advising me to join the AARP right now...or else the world is gonna end, all rainbows will be outlawed, all butterflys will be imprisoned and all unicorns will be executed and processed into tasty unicorn steaks (rare please).:mad:
And they did imply "OR ELSE"...they always do.

The 12oz of tasty Mandarina hops for my next IPA will be received in this Monday...

Sadly, the only mail I received today was yet another coersion letter advising me to join the AARP right now...or else the world is gonna end, all rainbows will be outlawed, all butterflys will be imprisoned and all unicorns will be executed and processed into tasty unicorn steaks (rare please).:mad:
And they did imply "OR ELSE"...they always do.

The 12oz of tasty Mandarina hops for my next IPA will be received in this Monday...

I have been getting them since I was 17. Should I be worried? Then again I have been called an old soul before.

"Vintage" Smith and Wesson waxed cotton hunting jacket. My first lasted 5 years (also used) including WAY to much rolling around under race cars in in rainy, subfreezing weather. My girth and wear has made the old one less useful.

Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge-UX-2-840x561.jpg

5-gal corny.
Since I'm drinking less to loose 10 lbs I see I will be needing more kegs...finally building that elusive pipeline.

Blackprinz dehusked malt, Briess special roast, and some more full-range stick-on thermometers.

Just need to pick up a big bag of marris otter and some yeast and I'll be ready to go for a black IPA.

My order from Northern Brewer arrived today!! The last straw (ball lock connections) and an aeration wand with hose!!

I guess I'll need to brew beer tomorrow or this week to try out the new aeration wand and keg my American Wheat to use my last straw later this weekend when it's carbonated!!! [emoji6]

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1458073561.665741.jpg

Me and the wife share March as birthday month. We got each other fitbits. We got the new Alta's from amazon.
(by saying "we" got each other this gift I mean I ordered them off amazon...I pay that bill. I think I may have got the short end of the stick on this one.)

Its my first experience with a fit bit. so far I've worn it one hour and its actually very comfortable and lightweight. I was doing a little reading and forgot I had it on.

Me and the wife share March as birthday month. We got each other fitbits. We got the new Alta's from amazon.
(by saying "we" got each other this gift I mean I ordered them off amazon...I pay that bill. I think I may have got the short end of the stick on this one.)

Its my first experience with a fit bit. so far I've worn it one hour and its actually very comfortable and lightweight. I was doing a little reading and forgot I had it on.

My wife and I have the Charge HR's. Pretty neat little device. I use it mainly to track my workouts and my running but it's fun to participate in some of the challenges with friends.
Have fun with it and fitness and you'll be happy you did. It's so nice to not have to struggle to do the simple things in life.

This here new laptop!

It's nothing fancy, because I mostly use it for HBT and other interwebz use, iTunes, and occasional MS Office but it's a step up from the old one which was maybe 6 years old.

I received a collection ball for a FastFerment that I don't own. It'll have to wait until I get a new job, so that I can get a new induction burner, a FastFerment, and a BrewJacket. In due course, I suppose.

Darkstar2.0 and a chugger pump. My mom also gifted me a 54 qt rectangular igloo cooler. Just need my kettle and one more cooler and I'm set

Half a kilo of freshish Nelson Sauvin hops, Some burlington ale yeast, and malt for a red ale. All in the fermenter now, except for the yeast, chilling, chilling... :mug:

Also got a refractometer. Woot for instant gravity readings out of the kettle. :rockin:

Dang, good looking out though. Citra and Nelson are so good together if you mix em right. It's my go to APA/IPA combo. Might need to change it up to I can convince SWMBO it's economical to go for the pound

I realize that edit was confusing. They still have 2014 crop in stock.

I've found with hop purchases it is far better to ask for forgiveness. Plus, the 2014s are on sale. $2 off. So clearly you must buy a pound. Treat yo self.

I realize that edit was confusing. They still have 2014 crop in stock.

I've found with hop purchases it is far better to ask for forgiveness. Plus, the 2014s are on sale. $2 off. So clearly you must buy a pound. Treat yo self.

Including "treat yo self" is what convinced SWMBO, thanks

Sounds like you've got yourself a good SWMBO.

I do. "Hey babe, can we get a puppy?" "No we don't have the space or the money for that" "hey babe, can we get a kegarator?" "It's ramen and tight living for us!"

EDIT: And ladies and gentlemen, it has JUST come to my attention, we are getting a 2 tap kegarator tomorrow. SWMBO is good to me.

My FREE thermometer from FastBrewing came today. It's from their deal where you write a review for the FastFerment and then you get a free accessory. Pretty awesome. I was pretty close to picking up a sticker-thermometer and then I heard about this deal. I put it in place right after taking this pic.

Woot! :rockin:

580399_10209220006083964_3615487946653816265_n.jpg

Received my Big Mouth Bubblers today, so I can brew even more often now. They're not as wide as my Speidel's, so I'm thinking they'll fit a lit better in my fermenting chamber. Either way, now I've got more containers to fill.

Got a NB order today. It actually came pretty quick for them; less than a week to Maine. They're usually more like a week and a half. So, yeah I don't order liquid yeast or anything I need right away.
Got the grain bill and hops for my Ryecentennial PA, and decided to give their new extract 'Bastard Son Ginger Beer' a try.
I'm actually a little ahead of my planned brewing schedule for this year. Four more batches to do before I take my warm weather hiatus at the end of May/1st of June.

Good times!

We received a couple brand new carbonation stones just the other day. And we got in a brand new pilot brewing system a week or two ago, but we need to return a couple components for replacement so we won't have it up and running for another week or two yet.

So ironically, we won't have our pilot system together until juuuuust before the new full sized system shows up. THAT ought to make things more exciting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back