What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of these with the FTSS system to go with it..... :ban: Jones'ing to get some beer in it, but it will be a couple or three weeks. :(

thumbnail.asp

Beer gun arrived - can bottle from keg now (well, once I get CO2 that is)
View attachment 339851

Nice! I've been curious how these differ from actual Blichmann Beer Guns. I hear that you don't have to lower the pressure on these Last Straw bottle fillers, but I personally don't ever lower my pressure when using my Blichmann (my serving pressure is only 8psi, so maybe that's why). I really do like how the beer line is threaded. I've asked Blichmann about whether they will offer a threaded beer in connection, but they said they don't see a need. I like to use a different line for sours and non-sours, so I felt a threaded connection was ideal.

Either way, enjoy! Don't forget to purge before filing! :D

GrainToGlass can you show a pick on how you have the thermometers and ball valves connected to the chiller? I just got one and would like to do something similar. Thanks

Looks like Ts with npt thermometers from brewhardware.com

GrainToGlass can you show a pick on how you have the thermometers and ball valves connected to the chiller? I just got one and would like to do something similar. Thanks

Gladly!
1/2" Tee https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/tee12.htm
1/2" Hex Nipple https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/hexnip.htm
And your choice of a ball-valve and thermometer. I went with SS Brewtech's thermometers because of the wider temp range and it matches the rest of my SS Brewtech equipment. The thermometer is a 2.5" probe, but with the length of the chiller's arms I'm sure a 6" probe will fit without a problem.

image1-18.jpg

Not in the mail, but grabbed a small o2 tank and two 20# co2 tanks from a guy down the road for cheap.

I got a 20 gallon brew kettle from SS Brewtech last week! Currently deployed so I am unable to use it for awhile. Soon enough though : )

Should have some sight glasses along with the remaining parts of my plumbing sitting at home when I get there.

A new bottling bucket w/ lid and spigot, a bunch of grain, hops, 6 different packages of yeast - champagne yeast, T-58, BRY-97, Wyeast 3711, and a BugFarm (not pictured). :ban:

All because I needed to order a hydrometer. :rockin:

10371432_10209081429019624_3859862656063274066_n.jpg

from ebrew supply, some tags for my control panel along withe so cord for the heating elements, a couple plugs for the pumps and some flex braid for the heating element and pump cables:

20160309_203543_resized_zpsyth1jawc.jpg

1kg of E. Guittard 61% chocolate wafers, to try my hand at homemade chocolate-covered bacon.

This is real chocolate you have to temper, not the usual store grade melting wafers that are chock full of partially hydrogenated oil.

I'm sure they charged me for it. I'm an engineer.. I have plenty of offers here at work to buy it at my cost... ;)

I am actually meaning that if you contact them it may be more worth it to refund your money and let you keep it then pay for shipping back. They should have it recorded that you called and requested the cancellation. Couldnt hurt at least.

Great deal at Keystone Homebrew on these bottles. I'm pretty sure this is same bottle Russian River uses for IPAs like Pliny and Blind Pig and Maine Brewing uses for most of their beers.

16oz ~ 500mL is enough to share and not too much to drink myself.

bottle---1-66991.jpg

Back