What Beers to drink on my Caribbean Cruise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, looks like you're already there. But as I used to work for HA for a bit (musician ;) )I know for a fact that they certainly don't want you bringing anything back on board from on land to drink. Often times they pick up some of the local beer and stock it on the ship, though. When I worked an Alaskan cruise they always had Alaskan brewing beers, though that rarely trickled down to the crew.

I will second others' advice: the Caribbean is for great rum. I'm sure you'll find some decent beers too, but if you like rum whatsoever, do yourself a favor and try as much as you can!

I will second others' advice: the Caribbean is for great rum. I'm sure you'll find some decent beers too, but if you like rum whatsoever, do yourself a favor and try as much as you can!

Having sailed and lived in the Carib for about a decade now I can tell you that not much good beer is produced in the region. Its mostly just mass produced swill.

Dragon Stout from Jamaica is a strange brew if you run across it. Technically interesting to me, but not a favorite of mine.

Some craft/micro breweries are popping up in the Western Carib (Central America).

There are some excellent rums though: Venezuela's Pampero and Guatemala's Ron Zacapa Centenario top my list.

Back