What band do you listen to on brewing day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Slackers, Desmond Dekker, Toots and the Maytals are the ones that seem to come up most often when I brew.

The Band Northern Lights Southern Cross/ The last Waltz
The Proclaimers
Tom Waits the early years
Crosby Stills and Nash
and last but not least
The Traveling Wilburys
and then maybe some Old Crow Medicine Show to finish it up
I love my Ipod if it had a vagina it would be the greatest companion ever!!!

been listening to a lot of canadian bands while brewing lately, mostly tragically hip, blue rodeo, 54-40. throw in some marley, rem, clash, 80's alternative and i'm about covered.

I found some great tunes through this thread! Symphony X turns out to be AWESOME and I found this other band called Lucifers Friend that turns out toe be killer too!!! Damn, we listen to all kinds of stuff around this place! sounds like Pandora is a friend to many brewers....

Today I am listening to George Harrison. Favorite brew day artists are Neil Young, Dave Mathews, John Lennon, Grateful Dead, Eagles, Pink Floyd, Allman brothers and Bob Seger.

I found some great tunes through this thread! Symphony X turns out to be AWESOME and I found this other band called Lucifers Friend that turns out toe be killer too!!! Damn, we listen to all kinds of stuff around this place! sounds like Pandora is a friend to many brewers....

Tru.dat :mug:

Elbow - Seldom Seen Kid

Haven't found 1 person that does not fall in love with "grounds for divorce"

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Tankard, Korpiklaani, and Turisas would be the most fitting bands for brew-day. :rockin:

The Band Northern Lights Southern Cross/ The last Waltz
The Proclaimers
Tom Waits the early years
Crosby Stills and Nash
and last but not least
The Traveling Wilburys
and then maybe some Old Crow Medicine Show to finish it up
I love my Ipod if it had a vagina it would be the greatest companion ever!!!

Those are some great choices you have there, sanch.

As for me: The Avalances, Radiohead, DJ Shadow, and whatever else I can find.

And since I love them so much, everyone needs to listen to them. Music solely from samples:

Nice. I checked out all those bands and totally loved Korpklanni and Turisas... Thanks for the tip! Tankard... not so much... <grin>

Haha, tankard is thrash/some crossover so yeah. The other bands are folk metal. If you liked them, check out Eluveitie, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Alestorm, and Folkearth to start with lol. Similar style of music, just not drinking themed (mostly). This song happens to be, but it's not obvious:

Hmm, never played any tunes while brewing but I was jamming out to some Collective Soul while bottling last week.... Might have to try playing some They Might Be Giants next time I brew... Might help the Yeast along...

Floyd, Led Zepp, Alice in Chains, Rammstein, oh, and any soundtrack from a Rob Zombie flim.

We've had this thread before, and I can't resist.

Grateful Dead (brewing is a great time to listen to a full show)
Jazz: Dave Holland, Chris Potter, Brad Mehldau, Coltrane
All sorts of bluegrass, but not "old-timey" (personal preference)
Podcasts, especially beer shows, but a wide variety
Whatever I've acquired recently. Mostly jazz lately, but Mika is a guilty pleasure.

+1 on all of these esp the Dead. I am going to see the Phil and Bobby ( and fake Jerry show) next Sat.

Last Brew session it was the Dead ,Oscar Peterson, and YMSB mixed in for good measure. Hmmm gotta get a play list together for Abbey Weiss Brew session part Deux....Everyone I have given it too loves that Brew

I always listen to Lotus. Generally on headphones if the wife is home. Long mellow jams keep my head bobbing without being overly intrusive. About every five minutes or so I catch myself thinking, "Holy ****, these guys are badass." It makes the time fly by, and makes you wish brewing took a little bit longer.

I always listen to Lotus. Generally on headphones if the wife is home. Long mellow jams keep my head bobbing without being overly intrusive. About every five minutes or so I catch myself thinking, "Holy ****, these guys are badass." It makes the time fly by, and makes you wish brewing took a little bit longer.

Forgot all about Lotus. Those shows are always a good time

Jack Johnson, DMB, Phish, Van Morrison, Jason Mraz...I tend to like the mellow stuff. It's good drinking music too.

G-Love & Special sauce, Derek & the dominoes, Van, and occasionally, when I'm brewing something melancholy, James Taylor....there, I said it!

Believe it or not, christian music. put my ipod touch on shuffle and 95% of music on my touch is christian.

Meatloaf: sort of a tradition at this point
AC/DC
Zep

really anything rock

The Black Keys, Widespread Panic, Hendrix, Zeppelin, anything bluesy or jam band type stuff.

Spotify is likely to be pumping out some classic tunes from now on. Love how you can choose an album and play it. Or load up an artist and make a playlist out of your favorite tunes. or you can do radio stations ala Pandora.

I am listening to Spiritualize by Lotus. If their other songs are similar, then I may have a new favorite for around the house!

This is a great thread by the way!

Back