What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got told my 63 year old friend doesn't feel old either, i turned 41 today....made me laugh ...thought of this....

edit: damn it...is there a cosmic slipstream here?

edit 2: that had to be being typed, as i was typing....

I like the sounds that seem ageless I was trying to find out the meaning of the lyrics and saw the new original was in 1979 which to me doesn't seem too long ago but doing the math is 40 years ago and then thought when younger 40 years seemed like an eternity. And thought of the robotic progress since. Mallory heart.

There's a number of Bowie interviews where writers questioned him about the deep meanings of his lyrics and his reply was always he had no clue because he was blitzed out of his mind when written.

Last edited:

YES on Bird of Paradise!!! Great song. Snowy White is one of those guitarists that has flown under the radar but is very highly respected. I first became familiar with him in his work with Pink Floyd and Waters' and Wright's solo albums. (If you like Floyd and haven't listened to Rick Wright's solo album Wet Dream check it out. Mellow, jazzy yet floydian).

I was planning to add this song this morning before I left for work but the site appeared to be down. It's by long time English Prog band Camel from what is likely their final album, "A Nod and a Wink" from 2002. The song, titled "For Today" has a somber almost hymn-like beginning eventually leading to a very David Gilmour-ish guitar (2:15) with a lush Floydian keyboard layer. But it's the lyrics that make this song so tragically gripping. The song is dedicated to the "courageous spirit of the high-diver" a poor soul who was trapped on an upper floor of one of the twin towers. Upon realizing (accepting?) his fate decided not to jump to his death, but instead to dive. Hard to listen to this song without a tear in my eye.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back