What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have something like this up next. I want an amber lager. Approx 10 srm. But not necessarily a vienna. Maybe an american amber lager. I’m thinking of using British pale ale malt and 60 crystal with Perle and Saaz for hops and an American lager yeast.

Still sneaking samples of my new HB Pilsner. :mug:
23ECB98B-7357-4764-AC58-E4DD153AE50C.jpeg

Thanks! Unlike with beer, I rack to secondary with every mead. I don’t rack before it’s at a minimum of 80% clear. I rack to get off the yeast and to add stabilizers.

One of the absolute game changers is to put 6 grams/gallon of Bentonite clay in the must before yeast pitch.

OT night cap

View attachment 775142
Weller is one of the short supply limited releases every year that we have to put our names into a drawing for and literally win a lottery for the right to purchase one bottle here in PA. Very hard to come by.

Beer while brewing a pretty simple lager. Gonna give warm fermenting 34/70 a try since I meant to brew this one back in the winter in the other house, but life.
View attachment 775296
Did it a few times and the resulting beers were good. By “warm ferment” they mean higher than the usual 50 degrees. I would try to stay under 65 if possible for good results.

Did it a few times and the resulting beers were good. By “warm ferment” they mean higher than the usual 50 degrees. I would try to stay under 65 if possible for good results.
Thanks for the tip. I read up a little on it and thought that seemed like a safe temperature. It just feels odd to plan on fermenting that warm. I know the packet says up to 71F, but no freaking way am I going that hot haha

Theres a few pints in there yet. I dunno, maybe its fussiness on my part but I do like pouring a clear beer. I know some styles do not call for it, but its just a personal preference.
I strive for crystal clear beers… especially in my lagers, but in all others where it’s appropriate.

What I’m not drinking is my HB Blonde Ale.
BD86FD5A-DCC8-4F73-8B72-AFDE62989EDD.jpeg

The sawdust from my shop vac makes pretty good floor dry.

I was finishing the lid for the faucet box on the quick ‘n’ dirty keezer and bumped the faucet when I turned around. I didn’t notice anything until I heard a hissing sound. Turned back towards the keezer and the faucet was blowing foam. It was a 2.5 gal batch and there was probably 1.5 gal left in the keg.

I have a 4 gal batch of Altbier in primary. I pulled a sample today (day 5) and it’s at the predicted FG but I really don’t want to keg a beer that green. We’re going back to the farm on Monday. I can keg the Alt before we leave and it will be ready when we come back around the end of the month.

The rest of this week will be the longest I’ve gone without homebrew in, probably, 10 years. Oh well. I’m in a city with 10 brewpubs and grocery and c-stores that sell craft beer on almost every corner. I’ll get by. :cool:

Latest posts

Back