What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pretty good but not what I consider a great Tripel
IMG_1259.jpg

Interesting mini brewery starting up. No B&M location yet. All local sourced ingredients. I send them $40 and get 2 4pks the next day delivered to my door. Free shipping and Yankee cheapness with not even a MA bottle deposit. Not sure how this all works but pretty good
IMG_20220223_205426.jpg
IMG_20220223_212501.jpg

Last edited:
Potentially over carbed a bit as it is closer to porter like, finally able to legitimately enjoy @Yooper ’s Oatmeal Stout.

It’s a bit heavier than original, but I’m new enough to brewing that I’m still at the need to make everything heavy stage. (6.4% vs 4.73)

1655BEF7-4974-4AFD-8D00-E23EE00EA276.jpeg

-8??????

It was down in the 50s today and I thought I was going to get hypothermia.

I’m exaggerating a little, I’ve lived in cold…but -8??? Yeeesh.
Subzero temps are just a fact of life in this part of the world. The coldest, officially measured, temp I’ve personally experienced is-wait for it- -57°F. This was in early January, 1969, and it remains the coldest temp ever recorded in that location, where records have been kept since the late 1880s. But, it’s a dry cold…

Subzero temps are just a fact of life in this part of the world. The coldest, officially measured, temp I’ve personally experienced is-wait for it- -57°F. This was in early January, 1969, and it remains the coldest temp ever recorded in that location, where records have been kept since the late 1880s. But, it’s a dry cold…

I think the coldest I’ve been in was at boot camp in Great Lakes (sometimes called Mistakes), Illinois. I had the misfortune of arriving the day before Thanksgiving and staying through the middle of January. Couple times it went down to -20’ish with windchill, and they wouldn’t let us go outside. So they’d just cycle us all day, which seemed worse.

But was still better than putting on practically every damn piece of clothing you had to go out at 0200 to shovel snow….

I think the coldest I’ve been in was at boot camp in Great Lakes (sometimes called Mistakes)
I went there in Feb. Many years ago. Actually Feb 23 was my 35th anniversary of getting out of the navy. Yes it was cold. So cold we couldn’t do some of the stuff we were supposed to do. Like fight a fire.

Yes, it's only 9am here, but it's 7pm in Ukraine. A toast to those who we've already lost and surely we lose in the war in Ukraine. Here's a photo of my ancestors (a Ukrainian and a Russian). Together they found love...or at least a common interest to GTFO while they could. I can only imagine how this will transpire over the coming days, weeks, months, and years.

Attachments

• PXL_20220224_164428684.jpg
    PXL_20220224_164428684.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 15
My ginger beer. Never tried making that before. Store was out of whole ginger so I used 2 bottles (4 oz) of ground ginger, WOW this stuff is hot / spicy! A pound of brown sugar and some scavenged trappist ale yeast in a 1 gallon batch. Oh yeah juice of 1/2 lemon. I will do it again but will try whole ginger instead.

Back