What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
06DAA3B6-BA46-459E-A0D7-AF816C1DFF6D.jpeg

Out celebrating at my favorite brewery! Put my notice in today at the brewery where I’ve been the head brewer since it opened Loved the last two and a half years of my dream job. Can’t wait to homebrew for the first time since taking the job. Distilling is also in the horizon.

Dream job too much like work? Or work is too much like dream job?

Been years deep on the shelf.

Lol, yeah a couple ; )

As country folk would say, this brewery is just down the road a ways. About an hour and a half drive from me. Scottsbluff, NE Flyover Brewing Co. They opened a satellite taproom in a little one horse town called Potter, that’s even closer. I drive by it a lot doing fuel deliveries to the area farmers, so I finally stopped in on my way back home from a delivery this afternoon. I was hoping they had singles I could buy, but had to settle for a couple 6-packs. I have to try the others another time. This Schwarzbier is very good… tastes a lot like my HB to be honest.
A07A67BE-D9FE-46EF-842B-4CC2BAADB31E.jpeg

5DE5EC82-C5DB-417D-8CBD-295BCF649AB8.jpeg

As country folk would say, this brewery is just down the road a ways. About an hour and a half drive from me. Scottsbluff, NE Flyover Brewing Co. They opened a satellite taproom in a little one horse town called Potter, that’s even closer. I drive by it a lot doing fuel deliveries to the area farmers, so I finally stopped in on my way back home from a delivery this afternoon. I was hoping they had singles I could buy, but had to settle for a couple 6-packs. I have to try the others another time. This Schwarzbier is very good… tastes a lot like my HB to be honest.
View attachment 760510
View attachment 760511

If you're interested, love to have a sample-o-beers from my home state. Also need to restock your famous Camo-pintglass!

Edit:
Just ordered a glass and sticker from them! Thanks for the heads up and GBR!

Last edited:
There are 10 brewpubs/taprooms in Billings, 5 of them within walking distance in downtown. Pub crawling can, literally, be a thing. Every restaurant with a liquor license serves locally brewed craft beer. Billings has become a great place to be a craft beer lover. And, there’s a really good LHBS, too.

Having read my remarks a few days later, I sincerely hope that you didn't think that I was looking down my nose at Billings. I could certainly see how you might arrive at that conclusion, given my proud declaration that I live in the 51st state.

That said, my immigrant family hails from some of the booniest parts of the booniest parts of the rural West (Northern Nevada, Eastern Idaho, and SE Oregon). While I don't know squat about Billings, I do know a lot about the brown, hilly parts of the country. That's my home.

I sincerely hope I didn't cause offense. I was trying to make a point about the ubiquity of quality beer, not the bumpkin-ish aspects of Billings.

I think I botched that post. I'm sorry.

If you're interested, love to have a sample-o-beers from my home state. Also need to restock your famous Camo-pintglass!

Edit:
Just ordered a glass and sticker from them! Thanks for the heads up and GBR!
Saw your edit… I’ll keep in touch. They had a Helles and pale ale I didn’t get.

Having read my remarks a few days later, I sincerely hope that you didn't think that I was looking down my nose at Billings. I could certainly see how you might arrive at that conclusion, given my proud declaration that I live in the 51st state.

That said, my immigrant family hails from some of the booniest parts of the booniest parts of the rural West (Northern Nevada, Eastern Idaho, and SE Oregon). While I don't know squat about Billings, I do know a lot about the brown, hilly parts of the country. That's my home.

I sincerely hope I didn't cause offense. I was trying to make a point about the ubiquity of quality beer, not the bumpkin-ish aspects of Billings.

I think I botched that post. I'm sorry.
Oh Hell, I just thought you had spent some time here, maybe 15 or so years ago, before craft beer came to this part of the world. :cool:

I think I botched that post. I'm sor
Ouch easy on northern Nevada. That’s where I hail from Some of the best Mule deer hunting around Plus the biggest gold mine in the World. My home.

Dream job too much like work? Or work is too much like dream job?

Lol, yeah a couple ; )
More like too much like work and fortunately for me I don’t need the job. It was amazing making beer and watching people pay to drink it. Going to get back into homebrewing and eventually distilling.

Latest posts

Back