What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A3C63A21-0452-4E13-8592-DC6E7AF3D837.jpeg

The brewer decides when a beer is ready to drink and, lucky for me, I just happen to be the brewer.

Guzzling a bit of Panther Piss Paleo Vulgaris while chilling today’s batch of LODO Panther Piss Classic. I don’t think this one will ever drop brilliant. It’s a 6-row beer, so that’s always a bit of a challenge, but this is 6-row from a drought year crop. I’ve fined it twice, but it’s just a lot of protein. The malt is bright, the hops are popping. Clear or not, now is the time to drink this beer. It’s good to be the brewer.
E2A2C459-3C75-479D-BEE8-A7DCBBE3464B.jpeg

The brewer decides when a beer is ready to drink and, lucky for me, I just happen to be the brewer.

Guzzling a bit of Panther Piss Paleo Vulgaris while chilling today’s batch of LODO Panther Piss Classic. I don’t think this one will ever drop brilliant. It’s a 6-row beer, so that’s always a bit of a challenge, but this is 6-row from a drought year crop. I’ve fined it twice, but it’s just a lot of protein. The malt is bright, the hops are popping. Clear or not, now is the time to drink this beer. It’s good to be the brewer.View attachment 759336
D757D361-F3AF-4965-95B6-96DF5EE8D57E.jpeg

@adminstrator or @IslandLizard
Hi there,
I noticed that this thread is taking a lot longer to load than everything else. I've got 30 Mbps on the laptop going on so it's not that. Maybe do a year by year for the thread like the sister-site and start a new one? It's not ridiculously slow but maybe something to consider.
Thanks,
David

You've gotta tip your hat to the stark honesty and rank marketing horsesh!t that went into that can. Single fermented is a good thing!!!!!!

lol

Except, in this case, I'll bet it is.

Any thoughts about the canned flavor? Having bottled for years, I've always looked at the Belgians' claims regarding double fermentation with a somewhat jaundiced eye. Moreover, I've had kegged Duvel at Higgins in PDX, so I know the bottles aren't doing that beer any good by the time we pull them off the shelf.

The red headed female singer from the b52’s is a long time customer of my Father’s greenhouse and nursery business.
I don't know who that is, but that's pretty cool.
I used to work in a place that had celebrities coming and going. There was even a situation that was personal to me and I haven't breathed a peep to this day (20 years ago now).
I said I wouldn't tell and I haven't, not even to the wife.
Yeah, that was me rambling. I have to say, I love to ramble on.

You've gotta tip your hat to the stark honesty and rank marketing horsesh!t that went into that can. Single fermented is a good thing!!!!!!

lol

Except, in this case, I'll bet it is.

Any thoughts about the canned flavor? Having bottled for years, I've always looked at the Belgians' claims regarding double fermentation with a somewhat jaundiced eye. Moreover, I've had kegged Duvel at Higgins in PDX, so I know the bottles aren't doing that beer any good by the time we pull them off the shelf.

oxidized and phenolic

I don't know who that is, but that's pretty cool.
I used to work in a place that had celebrities coming and going. There was even a situation that was personal to me and I haven't breathed a peep to this day (20 years ago now).
I said I wouldn't tell and I haven't, not even to the wife.
Yeah, that was me rambling. I have to say, I love to ramble on.
My dads nursery is in Woodstock, NY. It’s a second home area to a lot of celebrities, especially music folks, mainly old rockers. For example, the late Levon Helm of The Band shared a property Line with the store. I used to get into his Rambles for free as a young teen, only realizing when I got older how awesome it was

Googled imaged. Then sized to fit
I would have never guessed that as an option. It's clever but now after peeking behind the curtain....
Still solid.
I'm a wax marker type or a tiny sticker with a symbol on it kind of person. I do it for administrative purposes. I'm understandably jealous of those whose go the extra yard.

Big Sky calls it a Winter Ale. I’d call it a WCIPA. It’s pretty good, actually.
View attachment 759368

As someone that was in PDX back in the olden days when Portland was the epicenter of the mircro-brewery movement in the early 90's. That was a Winter/Christmas ale. Well, it was one of two ways to make a X-mas beer. Most breweries were brewing a pale ale as their flagship, a wheat beer of some kind, a porter, a berry beer, a stout, and an IPA, in descending order of importance. Back then, simply dry hopping their pale ale could constitute their Chirstmas beer, but it was more normal to up the gravity a bit and dry hop. Some brewers got bold and went dark, like an old ale, but most just threw more hops at the problem.

And then there was Anchor, down in SF. They were sticking pine branches in their beer back in the 80's. They've always marched to their own drum. I love them for that.

An unsolicited fun fact… lol…The red headed female singer from the b52’s is a long time customer of my Father’s greenhouse and nursery business.
I was getting lunch at my schools lounge and they were starting doing small shows again after Ricky Wilson had died. Couldn't stand to stop and listen like a idiot. Loved his guitar playing.

Back