What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
College freshman daughter’s sorority winter formal tonight. HS Junior daughter’s winter formal tonight. Me - HB Pale Ale.
748E4CDA-B0E9-4D01-AD01-FE58FF58BE33.jpeg

A5D3E78A-5061-4321-A65A-60C7B87174CE.jpeg
F0F43876-278A-4564-8277-F231D83FCBFE.jpeg
Thanks @TheDudeLebowski for the Mettle!! Solid DIPA with a nice dryness/bitterness.
Then Lily from Fidens brewing. Ugh cutting back on drinking = more aged IPAs. 🤦🏾‍♂️ Lily was canned on 12/2/21, but still drinking pretty good. Maybe tomorrow I can put a good dent on these older IPAs. Or maybe I’ll drink freshies. 🤔

@adminstrator or @IslandLizard

I noticed that this thread is taking a lot longer to load than everything else. I've got 30 Mbps on the laptop going on so it's not that. Maybe do a year by year for the thread like the sister-site and start a new one? It's not ridiculously slow but maybe something to consider.

Thanks,
David
Hi David,
thanks for reaching out.
I'm paging @HBT_Admin here too, so she knows there's a follow-up.

Although this thread is rather long, 7556 pages currently, the only part that loads is the current selected page, containing a maximum of 40 posts. Not the whole thread is preloaded.
Now there are many large images on these pages, so loading those could slow things down, depending on your internet connection speed and power of your processor.

I just loaded a few random pages of this thread, it was speedy here, only taking 3-4 seconds per page, but that's on a Gigabit connection.
The size of this very page (#7555) is a tad over 100MB, which would take a minimum of 100*8 = 800 Mbit / 30 Mbps = 27 seconds with your connection. This is just for the data transfer, without processing overhead on either end. Is that the lag you're experiencing, or does it take much longer? 27 seconds can feel like an eternity if you're waiting for it.

Splitting the thread into a year by year edition may make browsing a little less cumbersome, but wouldn't make any difference in loading speed, as we'd still have the same (large) size content pages, due to many large images per page.

We can take this discussion to our HomeBrewTalk Announcements & Forum Help forum if we want to get more detailed, or if many others experience this too. Not sure there would be an easy solution, aside from using fewer posts per page or reducing the image sizes.

Hi David,
thanks for reaching out.
I'm paging @HBT_Admin here too, so she knows there's a follow-up.

Although this thread is rather long, 7556 pages currently, the only part that loads is the current selected page, containing a maximum of 40 posts. Not the whole thread is preloaded.
Now there are many large images on these pages, so loading those could slow things down, depending on your internet connection speed and power of your processor.

I just loaded a few random pages of this thread, it was speedy here, only taking 3-4 seconds per page, but that's on a Gigabit connection.
The size of this very page (#7555) is a tad over 100MB, which would take a minimum of 100*8 = 800 Mbit / 30 Mbps = 27 seconds with your connection. This is just for the data transfer, without processing overhead on either end. Is that the lag you're experiencing, or does it take much longer? 27 seconds can feel like an eternity if you're waiting for it.

Splitting the thread into a year by year edition may make browsing a little less cumbersome, but wouldn't make any difference in loading speed, as we'd still have the same (large) size content pages, due to many large images per page.

We can take this discussion to our HomeBrewTalk Announcements & Forum Help forum if we want to get more detailed, or if many others experience this too. Not sure there would be an easy solution, aside from using fewer posts per page or reducing the image sizes.
My image size MUST be retained.

1644730114043.png

Homebrewed Witbier. At a whim I put lemon zest, Juniper berries, and coriander in the priming sugar solution. It is a perfectly refreshing beer for summer and gauging by my wife's reaction I need to brew it again right now!

Attachments

• 20220212_144705.jpg
    20220212_144705.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
He did that to me last comp lol in Homebrew alley both my mix ferms got mid 30s and hit for not enough complexity.

congrats on slivering!
Thank you, kind sir. This particular beer was panic attack time when I saw the pellical, and I’m not a fan of sour beer at all, but upon recommendations here at HBT I worked with it. HBC members that enjoy the funk really liked it, so here we are, just some luck that I had a winner. I will brew a gose this year and maybe a Berliner.
To stay on topic, I’m back to coffee and have a nice line up in the fridge for later. :mug:

Back