What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brought home some goodies from Maine trip. Now it's Football time! Maybe it's finally the Cowboys year, I mean after 25yrs it's gotta bešŸ¤¦šŸ¤£
20210909_201055.jpg20210909_174248.jpg20210908_191512.jpg20210906_183055.jpg

Irish Stout courtesy of @camonick . A first for me, my own recipe brewed by another brewer! Nice balance between the roast, dark coffee and chocolate. A bit more "burnt" on the backend than my tastebuds remember from my version, but excellent overall. And a much better name and label :cool: View attachment 741883
Glad to hear I didnā€™t do too bad with your recipe. Iā€™ve noticed an ashy/ burnt flavor in many of my stout attempts lately. Donā€™t know if itā€™s water, mashing for full time, maltster or what. My most recent stout is just ok, but nothing Iā€™m crazy about and definitely nothing like my goal of Guinness. The name ā€œShielbagganā€ on my label is the region in southeastern Ireland in County Wexford near Ramsgrange where my great-great grandfather was born.

Latest posts

Back