What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
64AD1D57-91EA-4DE0-AD0D-E8B1FE3B1AA7.jpeg
Cooking dinner beer.

6D911743-E9B6-4D3C-B343-3BC368CC18CB.jpeg

Comparing side by side. Color virtually identical. Miller High Life seems drier, I would guess it has a lower fg. Both probably have a percentage of corn. They taste different, probably different hops. Believe it or not it seems like Gene Cream ale is slightly higher in bitterness. There could be a yeast character difference, too, but I’m not positive about that as Cream Ales can be fermented with lager yeast.

I love to do side by side comparisons. Just amazing how 2 beers can be so similar and yet so different.

Oh, DDH ipa from Other Half.
Really good.

View attachment 741787
Cheers! Even brewed at their FLX location. Can tell by the blue tab on the can.
If you happen to go to their FLX location (Bloomfield, NY) while you’re in NY, reach out to me. I would gladly meet you for a pint or two if my schedule allows.

Last edited:
Cheers! Even brewed at their FLX location. Can tell by the blue tab on the can.
If you happen to go to their FLX location (Bloomfield, NY) while you’re in NY, reach out to me. I would gladly meet you for a pint or two if my schedule allows.
That would be awesome, but unfortunately we're up in the Thousand Islands and tied up on Thursday, and flying out of Syracuse on Friday. Perhaps another time. We have family in and around Penfield, so we'll likely be over that way one of these days.

Send them to me! 😁 That beer sent me down the PB Stout rabbit hole.
Okay, having another one this evening. The one last night had a very chemical/artificial taste to it. This isn’t as bad - maybe I’m just wishing it to be good.

@PianoMan - how about that Huskers volleyball beat down of Creighton last night? Pretty impressive.
A00770D0-8F30-4814-9512-8342C93CB132.jpeg

Okay, having another one this evening. The one last night had a very chemical/artificial taste to it. This isn’t as bad - maybe I’m just wishing it to be good.

@PianoMan - how about that Huskers volleyball beat down of Creighton last night? Pretty impressive.
View attachment 741853

Watched every serve! Girls look good. With Knuckles in the back with Rodriguez, we basically have 2 solid liberos. The freshman, #13 Lauenstien can sure pound the ball.

OT, awaiting some FB

PXL_20210910_001602617.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Back