What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little CC and water while listening to the wind. It’s been below 0°F here for 8 days straight. Currently -10 with a 20-25 mph breeze. Chill factor is around -40. Supposed to make it-barely-above 0 tomorrow. I’m ready for spring.
7B27917C-6AD6-429D-8BA8-74CEC5282F3A.jpeg

Any you like? Clausthaler isn’t bad in my opinion.

My next option is trying some low Abv home brew. An English dark mild is next up on my brew plan.

Heineken 0.0 is the best one that tastes like a beer.

Most of the NAs taste the same to me. I've had Clausthaler (non hopped and dry hopped), and probably 6-10 other NA brews.

Mikkeler NA are not too bad, BUT again they taste like others. They do make a grouted series; they are good but doesn't taste like beer.

But yeah, brew a 1-3% beer yourself, or brew a batch and do a second running of the grain. Anytime I brew a 5% or greater beer, I'll do a smaller second running.

In case anyone is curious how a state handles a sever cold spell it's not used to, our grid is f-up right now. Ran through all it's reserves this morning. They can't do rolling blackouts because of that. Son's apartment in north Austin has been out of power since 2am as many others. 200,000 in the city are out. Lucky me though. If we could get out, I'd buy a lotto ticket.

EJ and HB BA Quad while the lights still work..
16134377286138506619342011049738.jpg

Screenshot_20210215-190212.png

Founders Dirty Bastard Scotch ale while admiring my shiny new Perlick 650SS Flow control taps just delivered! Bas@ards just dumped it on the side of the garage no ring no knock and almost was buried under the snow 😕. Outta be a law against handling beer equipment like that 😠.View attachment 718859
My co-worker was just complaining about something similar last night! He's a coin collector and ordered a few, but apparently UPS just left the tiny box on the second step of his stoop. It had been awhile since he ordered it and he forgot, only to find a box flying through the air with a scoop of snow, haha.

My co-worker was just complaining about something similar last night! He's a coin collector and ordered a few, but apparently UPS just left the tiny box on the second step of his stoop. It had been awhile since he ordered it and he forgot, only to find a box flying through the air with a scoop of snow, haha.
That's as funny as it is sad!!! 😂😢😂😢😂😂😂😂

Back at the farm with my wife’s elderly aunt in tow. She stayed in a long term care facility as long as insurance would pay for it, but she’s still a long way from being mobile. We have lot’s of room, a bathroom which was easy to make accessible for her, and a long hallway where she can exercise with her walker. My wife and I are well past Medicare age and have spent most of the last 10 years managing the care of various, elderly, relatives, while keeping up with our kids, grandkids, and running a business. There’s something to this whole “sandwich generation” thing.

Anyway, this HB Weissbier tastes damn good right now.
F3E73461-7859-4E96-B359-05A8B0004EA3.jpeg

Back at the farm with my wife’s elderly aunt in tow. She stayed in a long term care facility as long as insurance would pay for it, but she’s still a long way from being mobile. We have lot’s of room, a bathroom which was easy to make accessible for her, and a long hallway where she can exercise with her walker. My wife and I are well past Medicare age and have spent most of the last 10 years managing the care of various, elderly, relatives, while keeping up with our kids, grandkids, and running a business. There’s something to this whole “sandwich generation” thing.

OT: Bravus NA blah beer

What's rent run? Do you cook for us? Unlimited beer? What are we working with here?

OT: Bravus NA blah beer

What's rent run? Do you cook for us? Unlimited beer? What are we working with here?
Well, you have to be a relative, you have to be, to some degree, incapacitated, and you have to have too many assets to be eligible for Medicaid. Somehow, I don’t think you qualify. :cool:

IDK how you winter snow folks handle this. Town is closed except gas stations and groceries which have mile long lines to get in. Had to drive to way north Austin and grab son/GF as they've been without power for 40hrs now. Back to the space game for a while listening to Santana.

HB Scottish Ale aftera HB Dubbel after a HB RIS

PXL_20210217_020505456.jpg

IDK how you winter snow folks handle this. Town is closed except gas stations and groceries which have mile long lines to get in. Had to drive to way north Austin and grab son/GF as they've been without power for 40hrs now. Back to the space game for a while listening to Santana.

HB Scottish Ale aftera HB Dubbel after a HB RIS

View attachment 718907

DBE84FBC-6EBB-440B-8122-08A73AF4950F.jpeg
9413E8C4-F516-4205-BFB5-BE6F43A901BA.jpeg

this was a 2-day accumulation. No biggie...went to work as usual and every store was open 😉

Back