What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was an excellent beer I was fortunate enough to have my buddy bring over his personal bottle to share. Lucky bastard worked for cellar 3 and now green flash, gets to drink all the good stuff!!!

That's so awesome! My wife and I waited in line for an hour and a half but it was well worth it...great stuff.

A Yeti Stout clone. Still keg conditioning but hit it with just enough CO2 to draw 1/2 pint and then cleared most of the head space to keep conditioning. Once of my best brews ever. Hope I can leave it alone until I drop the temp and carbonate properly in about a week.

This...

image.jpg

Damn talk about explosive. What yeast did you use? I've always wanted to brew something massive but from what I hear it's a whole lot of babysitting. What kind of methods are you using to ensure full attenuation?

I used 04 on this. I brewed a small beer two weeks before I knew I wanted to brew this one to get a fresh and active slurry. Aerated the hell out of the wort, pitched a ton of it, and aside from that am using prayers. At this point I am just hoping for there to be something left after the fermentation. Lots of loss going on here.

Well I am not brewing 5 gallons of something I won't like... I have a portable AC unit that needs a new condensate pump, I may get creative and build a small cold room in the garage...

I don't really care what you brew, just letting you know that not all saisons taste the same. Perhaps you got one made with a super estery yeast. There are cleaner yeasts that don't produce the same flavors. Some have Brett/bacteria also, which could be off putting to some people.

Large mug o' joe this morning, like those maw & paw ones, but this one's from my daughter, with a line drawing, " father"...& a few kind words on it. 3C's worth all at once....mm, roasty goodness...:mug:

Latest posts

Back