What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luv this beer

image.jpg

A bottle from my 2nd batch..Bavarian Weissbeir..still a C but a strong C now with some age on it in the fridge, but look how clear it is! :)...Next up a pull from my Irish Stout..wonder how long it is going to last?

Batch #2.jpg

I took AHS's Texas Independence Pale Ale that has mesquite smoked malts in it and hopped the hell out of it.
At first I didn't like it. The combo of smoke and hops wasn't meshing. But after a few weeks of cold conditioning it's kinda turning out well!

Among other things, my wife bought me a 6'r of these for my birthday yesterday...the big 6-0! As soon as you pop the cap, you get this great smell of prickly pear. Amber/orange color, nice flavor, though the prickly pear tastes sorta wine-like. Kinda like Midas Touch with the muscat. Tasty, especially with my favorite rheumatiz med...vodka. Went shopping today, got 6 more.

A 2013 SamiChlaus. Been saving this for awhile and moving in to the new house is the perfect celebratory reason to drink it. Malt, booze, sweetness and light. Great beer.

HB Irish Stout from my never empty keg...LOL..Am sure it is damn close tho, on pull 7/8 of glass was foam..Settled to make a half..Gotta go get another pull...LOL Old pic - laziness...Tasting awesome right up to the end! Gonna have to do this one again!

HB Irish Stout.jpg

I'm about 6 deep with Finestkind ipa from Smutty. me likey ... just built a 5 gal of apple crack. bottling' another 5 of same. Building another Battle toad smash
(Remmy) in the a.m. ... ;) ... life sux ...

Started the evening with Foley Bros Prospect IIPA while grilling some tasty teriyaki chicken in this weird April snow we're having. Really glad my friend convinced me to grab a bottle on our Vermont vacation. Tons of hop flavor and aroma with a balanced malt background.

Finishing the night with a bottle of Burlignton Beer Co. Amber Ridge Robust maple brown ale while watching my Sabres dominate the Rangers. Got it on the same vacation and I can't say anything bad about this brewery. They have a big future I think.

Back