What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the picture

image.jpg

Uh oh, stumbled on this thread and feel obliged to answer.... worried what might happen if I tell the truth....

ok, ok. Coors Banquet.

The GI Winter Warmer was meh. The NB Citradelic would have been better with Mandarina Bavaria hops instead of actual tangerine. The rest, nice...

My day started with Mountain Dew Voltage & a bunch of pills. Gotta get the yeast & hops outta the fridge for my first AG brew day in a bit. Got new batteries for the canon powerhog so I can use it on my tripod to get pics of the event.

Well, I was supposed to get a new left hip on 2/8. I've been on Losartan with Meloxicam for pain for some time now for my high blood pressure. With the occasional bottle of Furosemide for occasional swelling in my leg(s). 10 long years of constant pain in both hips, the left now bone on bone, & my L2 disc off-center. Left leg swelled up again, but skin all soft & weeping like crazy, soaking my sock & shoe. Went to doctors nearly every day the last couple weeks to prevent losing my leg. Surgery put off for the time being.
Now on Xarelto, a blood thinner, antibiotic switched to Ciprofloxacin Hcl after biopsies of foot & leg came back positive for pseudo something or other microbe infesting my left leg.
During all this time, my left foot has been charlie horsing, over & above both feet having circulation partly cut off for some reason. Only to have found, old, deep blood clot in left thigh. Foot pain/cramping has been bad, now going off the charts till new antibiotic started working. Still not gone though. So no beer for me for who knows how many more months?!
Still going to brew on, got a book to finish that needs a couple more beers done yet. & an AG beer for an upcoming surprise I need to get in the fermenter today. Just need my bandages changes first, as they're dragging along like the mummy...:confused:

Bottle of Hill Farmstead / La Blaugies´"La Vermontoise" is on the chopping block. Gonna harvest the yeast too to make a simple saison with 3 kinds pale malt (Optic, Helicon, and one other...) and Relax hops.

Lovingly balanced brew.

Well, since I can't have any beer for awhile, & plenty of wort in the fermenter...I dumped the test cylinder of porter wort into a glass of diet sierra mist...

^^^why do you torment me so? I went to the tap house to try azacca on draft and they killed the keg last night! Had to suffer through a pint of Two Roads white ipa and Stone Corral Pale Ale.

Now tasting the first keg sample of my citra IPA.

View attachment 334409

I was expecting way more out of that beer. I'm getting through them to put each one out of its misery. I would urge you to try it and let me know your thoughts. Underwhelming, IMO.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1454286830.842081.jpg

I was expecting way more out of this beer. I'm getting through them to put each one out of its misery. I would urge you to try it and let me know your thoughts. Underwhelming, IMO.

View attachment 334436

What happened from your post yesterday where you said it's the most flavorful session IPA you've had?

Latest posts

Back