What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should have let the youngest watch some tube; we got in after 0100, was up for a while at 0600 to get the oldest to school. Dipped back to sleep for less than an hour when I got home, found the youngest with his hands in the leftover donuts and ruffling through the fridge getting into everything.

At least this time he didn't open a soda or beer.... this time.

C'mon, it is still a nice morning. Hit the beer before noon!

At swimming with the youngest; coffee will not stop the nap when I get home.

Gotta stop in at work then head out to swmbo's parents for the afternoon. If I didn't have to stop in at work I would have already started drinking.

Still a 5 gallon brewer, but can't match the pictures above. I'm more of a red plastic cup kind of guy. My repertoire has stabilized around 7 styles:
- Best Bitter
- Extra Special Bitter
- Newcastle Brown (winter)
- American Red
- Imperial Porter (winter)
- Bayerische Dunkel Weissbier (summer)
- Kolschbier (summer)
My recipes have drifted significantly from where they started as I fine tune them.
In process: (primary fermentation) American Red & Kolschbier
Next up: another American Red

Last edited:
Brewed an Oatmeal Stout with a buddy of mine and since it was 83 degrees we drank a few dark beers. I liked this more than he did.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433699821.398485.jpg
We both agreed that both finsfan and mhurst111 RIS were veey good.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433699937.099040.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433699956.917217.jpg
I liked this Oatmeal Stout more than he did as well.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433700018.232872.jpg
He liked this Vanilla Porter more than I did.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433700071.483150.jpg
And we both agreed that Bomb was in fact the bomb. Since we brew at my house and he wanted to stop drinking I had a couple of these without him
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433700247.916465.jpg
And now with clean up done and my vision blurred I'm having one more black rajah View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433700408.316873.jpg

Just finished off two surprisingly crisp and delicious smoked porters that came in at a depressingly low abv% of 3.5. Didn't matter and the beer rocks!

Since I may have to make a run to the store in a little while for stuff, I'm sticking to kombucha. Just moved a small bach of kombucha to the fridge...nice and tangy! I think I need to top it off with a little water.

You need to try this if you haven't

20150607_141232.jpg

Back