What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking this.

My Robust Porter took a gold medal today. I don't have a scoresheet, but not only did my 60/- not place, score in the system is a f***ing 19. I want to see the sheets, so I know just how the f*** those f***ing judges thought that was acceptable. Not medaling, fine. Scoring a bit less than I personally think it deserves, fine. But 19 is a f***ing insult. Given the lack of organization at that comp, I'm guessing they either screwed up the entries or mishandled my beer, because there's absolutely no way in hell it was that f***ing bad. Not entering that competition again, that's for sure. Hopefully NHC does it better and gives it scores it's gotten elsewhere (ie 37-40).

They automatically knock points off for entering in such a lame style....

Sea Hag - Remmy's posted enough pictures so we know what it looks like.

Hey @nukebrewer - I found 2015 Bigfoot at Dick's World of Wines in Westerly. They had about 2 and a half cases left (I only bought a four pack.)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm really curious why I haven't seen it in the CT stores yet.

_DSC4177.jpg

Dude, you got a gold medal. Congrats!:mug:

Well, at least my 50%+ medal to entry ratio is upheld. But that low one tanks my average score ;)

another reason I don't like comps.

I don't enter for feedback any more. I enter to win. Of course, the odds of bad scores and bad feedback are both way too high. So maybe I oughta stop too. The best one I judged today I gave the highest score I've ever awarded. Turns out my buddy brewed it. And where we gave it 46 (me) and 47 (the other judge) and it VERY easily won mini-BOS, another comp he entered it in gave it a 29. So it is what it is.

That's why I started judging. Because I wasn't happy with the judging and had to put up or shut up.

Second pour of the 1809.

what the flocc is that orange thing?!? is that a floccin' tomato?!? well, personal taste is a helluva thing...

having my PunkSkin Ale. for those that forgot, it my Pumpkin Ale fermented with 3711. 8.4% of tasty doom. to @Remmy it's a session beer.

That's called Chicago-style pie. Not pizza. :D

what the flocc is that orange thing?!? is that a floccin' tomato?!? well, personal taste is a helluva thing...

having my PunkSkin Ale. for those that forgot, it my Pumpkin Ale fermented with 3711. 8.4% of tasty doom. to @Remmy it's a session beer.

So are you against tomatoes or just orange hot house tomatoes? Can't stand them out of season, basically if I'm not pulling them from the garden:D

Fail. That looks nothing like deep dish.

View attachment 265543
This is pizza.

I have had enough of you and your lies.

There's a place in town (I think they have a few locations) that does St Louis style pizza. It's ok I guess, but it's not my thing. Very sweet sauce and weird crust.

Give me New York style pizza any day of the week.

2nd pour of this du Bocq Saison 1858. It's growing on me.

I have had enough of you and your lies.

There's a place in town (I think they have a few locations) that does St Louis style pizza. It's ok I guess, but it's not my thing. Very sweet sauce and weird crust.

Give me New York style pizza any day of the week.

2nd pour of this du Bocq Saison 1858. It's growing on me.

Are you still here?

Imo's is St. Louis-style pizza. Cracker crust and Provel cheese (hard to come by outside of St. Louis because some old bat here has a patent on the process).

IMO Chicago-style>St. Louis-style.

Drinking apple juice.

N.C.State Wolfpack beats #1 seed Villanova. Flocc yeah!!! Headed to the beer fridge for a celebratory Nugget Nectar! (Recycled pic...no time for new one).

IMG_20150318_241842423.jpg

Just finished up a bottle of hopped up red, brewed from extra wort from an English ruby and second runnings off an IPA.

Think you missed the sarcasm bus. :D

With that said, Chicago pies don't deserved to be called pizza. It's an entirely different thing as compared to a real pizza: New York pizza.

We'll have to agree to disagree. In ending, here's a picture of Mark Malnati (of Lou Malnati's) looking confused at the sight of a sheet of paper.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426989406.052618.jpg

Still on the AJ. Which I had the foresight to put yeast into this a few weeks ago.

Back