What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heady Topper.

GF made me give her a 4oz pour off the top.... better than her taking a whole one if she doesn't want the whole thing, I suppose.

Exactly my thoughts haha i get to cook and drink in my boxers all day tomorrow. Cant beat that haha

Water now before a presentation this evening but will be getting into some good beers tonight. I entered my big XII tripel in the Minnesota mashout and didn't place, but just got he scoresheets back and pretty pleased. Best score ive received yet.
View attachment 253001

Congrats

So I kegged a 3 C's Pale Ale yesterday for my Superbowl party after a 3 week fermentation in my conical (1 week short but FG was good). Charged it @ 35 psi over night, then agitated several times today (while keeping fingers crossed). My intention was to let it rest at 12 psi in the kegerator until game time. But instead, I am now 3 glasses in with no signs of stopping anytime soon (its very tasty). I apologize in advance to any of my guests who don't actually get to try it because they don't show up until the actual Superbowl. That's my bad! LOL

Stone Smoked Porter With Vanilla. Tastes ok, I get little to no smoke, but a very pleasant vanilla smell. At the beer store, not the best offerings, lot of local mediocre beers. But I spy one lone 12 oz of sculpin grapefruit. If it isn't outrageously priced I'll pick it up.

Curmudgeon. Meh.

IMG_20150131_170335.jpg

So I kegged a 3 C's Pale Ale yesterday for my Superbowl party after a 3 week fermentation in my conical (1 week short but FG was good). Charged it @ 35 psi over night, then agitated several times today (while keeping fingers crossed). My intention was to let it rest at 12 psi in the kegerator until game time. But instead, I am now 3 glasses in with no signs of stopping anytime soon (its very tasty). I apologize in advance to any of my guests who don't actually get to try it because they don't show up until the actual Superbowl. That's my bad! LOL

A brewer has to do quality control :D

That is pretty much how I carb my kegged beers (30 psi with some agitation; then let sit at 12-15 psi for a day or so then setting to 8-10 psi for serving). Congrats. I have a hard time stopping, too. :D

Next.

Another pull off of the keg. Ticallion.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422746275.219444.jpg

Fill a growler and pop down to Cary! I'll be taking a few bottles to the in-laws to watch the Super Bowl with a bunch of people who don't drink and in a place without enough comfy seats for all our butts...and it's hard to drink and blend in with non-drinkers! At least the food will be good.

Coffee. Kids have friends coming over and I have to take the two boys bowling. My beer drinking will have to commence later...but I have the test bottle of my Yooper's Oatmeal Stout in the fridge! (Bottled on 1/19, so it is very young, but will be my first "official" taste to see how it's doing.)

Indeed, quality control cannot be overstated.
[/attach]

Attachments

• IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 72
Fill a growler and pop down to Cary! I'll be taking a few bottles to the in-laws to watch the Super Bowl with a bunch of people who don't drink and in a place without enough comfy seats for all our butts...and it's hard to drink and blend in with non-drinkers! At least the food will be good.

Coffee. Kids have friends coming over and I have to take the two boys bowling. My beer drinking will have to commence later...but I have the test bottle of my Yooper's Oatmeal Stout in the fridge! (Bottled on 1/19, so it is very young, but will be my first "official" taste to see how it's doing.)

Yeah, Cary is a long drive down 540. Of course I could offer the same without the lack of seating, no in-laws and only enough food to soak up copious amounts of brew. I'm just a short trip up Capital Blvd.

Yeah, Cary is a long drive down 540. Of course I could offer the same without the lack of seating, no in-laws and only enough food to soak up copious amounts of brew. I'm just a short trip up Capital Blvd.

Thanks for the offer :mug: but we sometimes have to put up with the drawbacks to satisfy family obligations. *sigh* But maybe we can do a Raleigh Big Brew this Spring sometime with @Hello and sample some home brews!

Thanks for the offer :mug: but we sometimes have to put up with the drawbacks to satisfy family obligations. *sigh* But maybe we can do a Raleigh Big Brew this Spring sometime with @Hello and sample some home brews!

No worries, I'm good for a meet N greet and brew exchange this Spring though. Not sure where you go for supplies but I'm an Atlantic Brew Supply fan myself.

Back