What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't had this since I was at Anchor about a year and a half ago... much better on tap but glad I found it.

20150131_163730.jpg

Homebrew stout. 8% abv. Floccin picnic tap leaked like a half gal of this **** in the bottom of my keezer overnight. Should be fun to clean up. Not tonight...

IMG_20150131_185032.jpg

Next time I'll invite you. There was plenty. 7 1/2 pounds for six people.

Guess it's steak and eggs in the morning if you're in the area. :D

Tease.

Wort chilled. Swmbo gave me the baby. After some old school bucket to bucket airation, cleanup time and cooking the bread to go with the meatloaf I cooked during the boil.

That's my preference, too. American Brewmaster opened a couple miles from home, so they're convenient for last minute and small stuff, but I trust the knowledge and like the grain set up at ABS. And doing the Big Brew there is fun.
Watching kids bowl and drinking Diet Pepsi...for now.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422754071.217324.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422754109.236387.jpg'11: Oxidation is immediately noticeable in aroma and flavor. Pours murky. Honey and cherry is still strong in the flavor, but is almost overpowered by oxidation.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422754279.515455.jpg'12: Less oxidation than the '11. Pours slightly less murky. Strong cherry and honey.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422754468.276421.jpg'13: No oxidation. Pours clear. There is definitely something funky in this one, plastic/bandaid.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1422754602.726390.jpg'14: My favorite of all four. Not too boozy. Overall, I'm very happy to have the chance to try this vertical. Thanks again Wobrien!! Now to finish four 11% beers. :D

Most guys arent like that here, thats Lawrence. ;)
The owner of that shop really knows his stuff unlike the guy who "helped" me yesterday.

We'll remember, I'm from the state just north were guys definition of craft beer is BudLight mixed with MillerLight stirred with a pretzel.

Back