What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right off of 69?

Yeah I take the turnpike in to Indiana to 69. There is actually a turnpike exit to this small town I live in. I live in the northwest corner of Ohio pretty close to Indiana to the west and Michigan is about 30 minutes north.

Sounds exactly like my nut brown ale haha

So glad to get more of this! :D
View attachment 241272

I bet I brewed the same one as both of you. I used home grown hops i got in a trade. I assumed he measured them right, but doubt that he did now because it tastes very sweet and it finished at 1.006.

Having a water, packing my bag to head to Vegas tomorrow.

hb CA common. Have to painfully dump a batch of ed worts haus pale ale later because it tastes like band aids from the fermenter, and from my experience that flavor doesn't age out.

20141211_181341.jpg

I bet I brewed the same one as both of you. I used home grown hops i got in a trade. I assumed he measured them right, but doubt that he did now because it tastes very sweet and it finished at 1.006.

That is exactly what mine finished at too! haha weird.

i did Lil Sparkys Nut Brown. I've done it before and was pretty darn good, but i missed numbers on this one. Tastes ok, just thin.

I would be up for that. i hit Gay's Hops-N-Schnapps in either Angola or Fremont from time to time about 45 minute drive for me and they carry stuff from breweries that don't distribute to my beloved Ohio.

The real place to hit is the Herot in Muncie. Best bar I have ever been to... A Viking mead hall with about a hundred taps of craft beer. I am finding a driver for my next trip!

Yeah I take the turnpike in to Indiana to 69. There is actually a turnpike exit to this small town I live in. I live in the northwest corner of Ohio pretty close to Indiana to the west and Michigan is about 30 minutes north.

I travel that area a lot for work. I've never stopped there, but you don't forget the name.

Same here (and I believe fins too....saw him post on the thread). I can't remember my OG but I think I was even a few points high. I think I just didn't have enough hops and it tastes sweet.

Having one now.
View attachment 241297

IT was that brew. I was also high on OG. It just doesnt taste like the first time I brewed it, very bland.

Outstanding! Especially with some age! At two and a half years it deserves a few Dar sniffs:D

I'll have to grab a couple next time I go get beer. They are $4 here as well and I pass on it all the time for no reason that I can think of

River North 2nd anniversary ale
View attachment 241300
These guys make some good beer. They just started distro to KS. Grab one if you can.

Havent seen them here yet but picked up their IPA last time I was in Lawrence. Good stuff. How big is their barrel program? I know that bottle you got me was a small batch. Is that how all their barrel beers are?

Havent seen them here yet but picked up their IPA last time I was in Lawrence. Good stuff. How big is their barrel program? I know that bottle you got me was a small batch. Is that how all their barrel beers are?

It's a pretty small brewery, unless they expanded recently. They have some annual barrel aged releases, but it pretty limited in quantity. I'm actually surprised they started distro out of state - I think they said just in the KC area.

Back