What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, San Francisco and the Bay Area is in meltdown from this "huge storm" i.e. 2-3 inches of rain over 24 hours. Power was out this morning at the office. So I stayed home. Power then went out at home, so I've been hanging around. Seems like a good excuse to partake in this tasty beverage.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418335090.456536.jpg

View attachment 241213just did a back to back tasting.
Wake-n-Bake is the clear winner.

Wake n bake has loads of coffee for me. I think it's all in preference. I like some coffee but not to over power the nuances. People say I like boring beers... well... I dont need flavors to put me in a headlock to taste them. Brewers beers are all about depth.

Well, San Francisco and the Bay Area is in meltdown from this "huge storm" i.e. 2-3 inches of rain over 24 hours. Power was out this morning at the office. So I stayed home. Power then went out at home, so I've been hanging around. Seems like a good excuse to partake in this tasty beverage.

View attachment 241193

Looks like i beat the weather not food poisoning for my vaca lol.

Planning out my next brews this suday.

If you can't motivate your children while down there by Disneyland and Universal studios then you're hosed man. May as well start drinking right now. I see no reason not to.

I'm hosed. Kids stay up too late and neither want to wake up...then daughter takes another hour to get ready. Outlet shopping for shoes now. No beer yet. Kill me now.

4gAqKeY.gif

Loozah'

Dang, never heard of that company but their stuff looks really nice for the price!

They did a kickstarter a while back and I was a big dummy and didn't order then. I started looking at them again and decided I was going to take the dive. I got a 15 gal so I can do 10 gal batches now.

Wake n bake has loads of coffee for me. I think it's all in preference. I like some coffee but not to over power the nuances. People say I like boring beers... well... I dont need flavors to put me in a headlock to taste them. Brewers beers are all about depth.

Very true, I do like big, dark roasted coffee, the way god intended, black.

Nice haul today from Rhode Island. Got a few things I don't get here in CT plus a surprise score of '13 BCBS just sitting out on the shelf like it was nothing special... and for $8 a bottle! Now having a Phantom Punch Winter Stout from Baxter Brewing. It's decent. It's got notes of chocolate and vanilla, but the flavor profile is just kinda flat, one dimensional. Not sure I'd buy it again, but I certainly won't complain about finishing the 6-pack.

CameraZOOM-20141211174035871.jpg

CameraZOOM-20141211174317192.jpg

CameraZOOM-20141211175020448.jpg

Nice haul today from Rhode Island. Got a few things I don't get here in CT plus a surprise score of '13 BCBS just sitting out on the shelf like it was nothing special... and for $8 a bottle! Now having a Phantom Punch Winter Stout from Baxter Brewing. It's decent. It's got notes of chocolate and vanilla, but the flavor profile is just kinda flat, one dimensional. Not sure I'd buy it again, but I certainly won't complain about finishing the 6-pack.

ISO ^^^^^

We have tons of that Narraganset milk stout here. Had it last year and it was surprisingly awesome.

Fireplace and Stouts. Now if it was only colder that 60° it will be 43 tonight but taking a while to get there.

Latest posts

Back