What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Founders Centennial IPA. Good aroma, nice mix of malt and hops...reminds me a little of Troegs Nugget Nectar, but not as sweet and more bitter. I'm not a big fan of big bitterness, but I recognize that this would be desirable to some. For me, personally, it's good, but more bitter than I like. It does seem to ease up a little after a few swallows.

DSC05856.jpg

@crooked stave nightmare on Brett aged in port barrels, blabaer of love, pomegranite petite sour and mama bear sour cherry pie. All damn delicious!

image.jpg

Boulevard Tank No. 7 Farmhouse Ale...this is really nice! It's similar to my Citra Saison, but has a little more bitter and pepper. Great hops and a little malt. Definitely a step above my beer, but it's cool that mine is similar, without trying to clone or anything. I give this one two left nostril sniffs!

DSC05859.jpg

@crooked stave nightmare on Brett aged in port barrels, blabaer of love, pomegranite petite sour and mama bear sour cherry pie. All damn delicious!

Damn you win man, that looks fantastic! I will say my pirate ale was consumed along with a salmon I caught today while trolling, but that's my only hope. You gots me on the sour beers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Great Divide. Titan IPA. Tastes like azz. Having a rare malt/and or hop hate on this one.Wtf. Cloying crap. IMO

Had the Sensi earlier then got called up by a friend to go get sushi. Friendly tip... don't ever, ever, ever get sea urchin. If you ever get to thinking you want to try sea urchin, just call up BK, pay for him to fly or drive to wherever you are and have him punch you in the berries. Trust me, that will be more pleasant than eating sea urchin. Now I am having this surprisingly good beer from Naraggansett. This makes me want to revisit some of their other beers that I've stayed away from years because they were bad the last time I had them.

CameraZOOM-20141004203948266.jpg

CameraZOOM-20141004225615382.jpg

Had the Sensi earlier then got called up by a friend to go get sushi. Friendly tip... don't ever, ever, ever get sea urchin. If you ever get to thinking you want to try sea urchin, just call up BK, pay for him to fly or drive to wherever you are and have him punch you in the berries. Trust me, that will be more pleasant than eating sea urchin. Now I am having this surprisingly good beer from Naraggansett. This makes me want to revisit some of their other beers that I've stayed away from years because they were bad the last time I had them.

So tell us how you REALLY feel about sea urchin,:p

Pomegranate Ale homebrew while praying the Giants hold on.. Too much pomegranate juice, almost tastes like carbonated fruit wine

Matt's Summer Ale. Still nice and refreshing/hoppy. Oops! Disregard the garden gnome butt.

DSC05860.jpg

I just punched some berries earlier!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol!!! I've had sea urchin once and that is a mistake I will never EVER make again. The fishiest tasting fish jelly and so rancid. Condolences man.

Had some easy Jack while kegging some beers for an upcoming event. Also rebuilt some kegs and bottled some brett pale ale from the keg. Sampled our imperial Porter with pumpkin spice, our saison, and our pale ale while kegging. Got home and had a rum and coke and now a Hop Nosh. Bedtime soon

Lol!!! I've had sea urchin once and that is a mistake I will never EVER make again. The fishiest tasting fish jelly and so rancid. Condolences man.

Had some easy Jack while kegging some beers for an upcoming event. Also rebuilt some kegs and bottled some brett pale ale from the keg. Sampled our imperial Porter with pumpkin spice, our saison, and our pale ale while kegging. Got home and had a rum and coke and now a Hop Nosh. Bedtime soon

Thanks. And they consider that stuff a delicacy! What the WTF?

Wrapping up for the night and I noticed that my Scottish Pumpkin Ale is getting an increasing amount of stuff on the surface in the carboy after I racked it and added a gallon of Culligan bottle water. I fear that I have an infection. If so, that would be my first! I thought it was pretty well fermented out. Any suggestions? Should I rack out from under it and let it sit longer, go ahead and bottle it? Or add another yeast to it and hope it will overpower what's in there? I hate the idea of tossing it...it was really showing promise!

Water...up too late! I'm supposed to be starting a porter brew in the morning.

DSC05861.jpg

DSC05862.jpg

Back