What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412515033.697107.jpg
Coffee. Feel like **** today.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Friend of mine texted this to me last night and said, "Only beer at this bar. Hipsters ruin everything."

He's a Heineken drinker. That's what he gets for going to Williamsburg for a beer. :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412515289.519814.jpg

Second cup of Coff.

Tea and football. Annoying when the only consistent streams I can find aren't in English, which is becoming all the time. Need to convince the wife that cable is worth paying for...

Tea and football. Annoying when the only consistent streams I can find aren't in English, which is becoming all the time. Need to convince the wife that cable is worth paying for...

False. Football starts at 1 p.m. EST

So kicking a ball back and forth is like jazz? Lol great Jazz like Football is awesome AND American.

So kicking a ball back and forth is like jazz? Lol great Jazz like Football is awesome AND American.

Moreso than a game based around smashing into each other at full speed, yes.

And Jazz is American by technicality only. The only "American" music is country, and that's about as sophisticated as American football.

"I miss my dog, I miss my truck, something about a tractor, something about guns, drink cheap beer, and I miss my truck" and then run into someone at full speed. Boom. 'Murica.

And Jazz is American by technicality only. The only "American" music is country, and that's about as sophisticated as American football.

"I miss my dog, I miss my truck, something about a tractor, something about guns, drink cheap beer, and I miss my truck" and then run into someone at full speed. Boom. 'Murica.

and don't forget the "plain, normal, regular, everyday cawfeh". which is what I'm having at the moment. I need to get some decent beans in this house.

Lol I love it when Americans disrespect their own country by calling it "murica" as if all Americans are A bunch of unsophisticated, uneducated, inbred rubes as you described when you gave your cliched description of country music. Don't be ashamed my American brother Eurpoeans arent nearly as cosmopolitan as you think they are. You should totally move to the UK. if you do move there you will be in a hurry to get back here to "murica"

Lol I love it when Americans disrespect their own country by calling it "murica" as if all Americans are A bunch of unsophisticated, uneducated, inbred rubes as you described when you gave your cliched description of country music. Don't be ashamed my American brother Eurpoeans arent nearly as cosmopolitan as you think they are. You should totally move to the UK. if you do move there you will be in a hurry to get back here to "murica"

Someone's cranky this morning.

Been there. Done that. And the only thing worse than high horse Americans are high horse Brits, and per capita there's a hell of a lot more high horse Brits.

Hey that's my favorite song! :p

Are we going to get into this every week?

Water after a run. Heading to the Giants game cuz a buddy had tix.

Someone's cranky this morning.

Been there. Done that. And the only thing worse than high horse Americans are high horse Brits, and per capita there's a hell of a lot more high horse Brits.

Not cranky at all. I was born and raised in Ohio and I don't listen to country music but my roots are decidely southern, cajun actually so yeah I take offense to your stereotypes. You would barely be able to hide your contempt and disdain if you hung out with my family not a sophisticate in the bunch.

perhaps you should hang with "the simple folk" for a while. style and sophistication go right out the window. lowest common denominator reigns supreme. they are in every small town and rural community, every major city, every bar, every restaurant, every shopping center, every street corner and ally, the poorest neighborhoods as well as the richest. they (we) are everywhere. do you know why stereotypes exist? because there is truth in them and the truth part is usually the squeaky wheel.

more cawfeh.

There are more similarities between the two mentioned cultures than any other on this planet. And there are rednecks in every country. Most countries don't put them in presidential office for eight years straight, however!

Not cranky at all. I was born and raised in Ohio and I don't listen to country music but my roots are decidely southern, cajun actually so yeah I take offense to your stereotypes. You would barely be able to hide your contempt and disdain if you hung out with my family not a sophisticate in the bunch.

Oh come on. All in good fun.

And for the record, I'm pretty damned far from a sophisticate.

perhaps you should hang with "the simple folk" for a while. style and sophistication go right out the window. lowest common denominator reigns supreme. they are in every small town and rural community, every major city, every bar, every restaurant, every shopping center, every street corner and ally, the poorest neighborhoods as well as the richest. they (we) are everywhere. do you know why stereotypes exist? because there is truth in them and the truth part is usually the squeaky wheel.

more cawfeh.

I was raised by the simple folk in a poor neighborhood brother, I am the simple folk. Lol.
I think stereotypes are always ignorant. I do poke fun at my kin all the time but I'm allowed I'm in the club. It's self-deprecating not racist/elitist in that case.

There are more similarities between the two mentioned cultures than any other on this planet. And there are rednecks in every country. Most countries don't put them in presidential office for eight years straight, however!

Bush? That guy is Ivy League educated and comes from the kind of wealth and privilege that most of us can only dream of he's the opposite of redneck. I would love to have had that life.

Oh come on. All in good fun.

And for the record, I'm pretty damned far from a sophisticate.

Ok maybe it's my own bias that makes me offended by you and your love of all things British. I was raised by Acadian-Creoles afterall and one thing about those people is they still hate the British for expelling them from their homeland in 1700s. That sounds funny(it is funny) but it is the truth. Then again some guy called me a yankee in a bar Tennessee so yeah we're having a hard time letting go of our beefs.

Bush? That guy is Ivy League educated and comes from the kind of wealth and privilege that most of us can only dream of he's the opposite of redneck. I would love to have had that life.

Not to go political, but Clinton is a Redneck from Arkansas and was in for eight years, despite everything that was known about him in the first four. Carter was only in for four years, but he was a peanut farmer from Georgia, for goodness sake!

Both of my parents are the first ones from their families to go to college. I'm hardly a generation away from Kentucky hillbilly. Proud to be Southern. There's good and bad everywhere. You don't need to impose geography on it. Where we are born is not within our power to control. Where we go...that's up to us.

Coffee.

I was raised by the simple folk in a poor neighborhood brother, I am the simple folk. Lol.
I think stereotypes are always ignorant. I do poke fun at my kin all the time but I'm allowed I'm in the club. It's self-deprecating not racist/elitist in that case.

the ignorance walks hand in hand with arrogance. 90% of humans are arrogant. and where you were born and/or raised has no bearing on what you choose to become. if it did, I'd be back in the trailer park with a thinning mullet listening to whatever pop country was popular at the moment and swilling Busch Light and hating the Lakota family next door. thankfully I chose to walk my own path and use my brain. but this seems to be hitting social politics, so I'll just have more coffee and try to keep my disdain and general jaded ways to that section.:mug:

Ok maybe it's my own bias that makes me offended by you and your love of all things British. I was raised by Acadian-Creoles afterall and one thing about those people is they still hate the British for expelling them from their homeland in 1700s. That sounds funny(it is funny) but it is the truth. Then again some guy called me a yankee in a bar Tennessee so yeah we're having a hard time letting go of our beefs.

That's making the assumption that British culture is all hoity toity. Can't think of anywhere else in the developed world where there's as much cemented social castes as there is in the UK. Hell, the govermental houses are divided essentially between "commoners" and "lords". And the upper folks look down on the lower folks just as much or more, and they do it with just as much stereotyping. If I still lived over there some snobby c*** would probably call me a chav or something, simply because I'm not a snobby c*** like they are, and I fit none of the chav stereotypes.

We're all in the same boat.

in general, no matter where on the planet you're from, people suck.

I like most people.

Not to go political

Coffee.

but this seems to be hitting social politics, so I'll just have more coffee and try to keep my disdain and general jaded ways to that section.:mug:

Everybody apologizes for it but I'm not going to stay on topic. Ban me, report me or ignore but I'm not going to stay on topic. This thread is famously off topic anyways.

That's making the assumption that British culture is all hoity toity.

Oh no I have seen enough of the ghettos in England to know better, there are some rough areas there like everywhere. They probably drink tea with their pinkies up in the ghettos there though. :D

Edit: sorry I couldn't help myself.

I don't see anywhere in what I said that could be mistaken for an apology. I am what I am and I hate people. they are greedy and self centered. they will turn on you if they think it's beneficial to them.

I don't see anywhere in what I said that could be mistaken for an apology. I am what I am and I hate people. they are greedy and self centered. they will turn on you if they think it's beneficial to them.

Good thing you didn't grow up in New York City. That's why I hate people...and people hate me. Not my fault. I blame it on the environment I grew up in. :D

Lol you really are jaded BK. I am guilty of a degree of arrogance but I wouldnt call myself greedy. I value loyalty and so I stick to a small group of friends whom I would not turn on for any benefit. I'm not trying to pursuade you just offering a rebuttal. Oh yeah and I'm still drinking coffee.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412524778.791298.jpg

Yeah, I'm not apologizing either. The reason I said "Not to go political...." was because I was pointing out that bringing Bush and politics into the argument was not valid, because it was neither about a certain party, nor about politics. The examples I used supported that idea.

I slept late and woke up to SWMBO giving me a guilt trip about brewing today because 1) Where are you going to put all this beer?! and 2) SWMBO hasn't driven since her shoulder surgery and brewing would "...strand me and the kids here all day." So, I'm sitting here venting, when I should be brewing, while she tries to decide what she wants to do and convince the kids. Tick tock................

So, bring it. I evidently have nothing better to do than sit at this floccin' computer and drink coffee while I await my orders.

Back