What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got up and helped get the kids off to school, had a cup of coffee and lay back down...boom...back to sleep until 11:00. In addition to the nose closing off last night, my right eye started burning and feeling scratched, so took the contacts out. Today, the eye feels like someone punched me. It's weird. I'm just going to chill mostly today. How about you? Did you get your respiratory infection or whatever was kicking your butt vanquished?

Have brew day of extra hoppy IPA, lean over boiling wort, breathe slowly and deeply and let the antiseptic properties of the hops kill what ails you and the steam clear you out.

Water. Gym. Punishing my shoulders. Lifts go up even with all the beer-drinking. Come get some. Smacked.

Most people soak in vodka as most of the compounds are alcohol soluable. Thats what good vanilla extract is in an alcohol base.

Eating a 1lb half smoke with guac, a blackbean relish, cheddar and hotsauce and drinking a water.

Does any one know how to add vanilla bean and cocao to a beer without infecting it? Soak them in Vodka or boil them? This beer is for a wedding and I do not want it to get infected.

I have both boiled and used vodka for vanilla. I've never had an infection. The vodka, added to the fermenter during "secondary", has given me more vanilla flavor.

Cocao - I've only ever boiled cocao powder (twice)...again, no infections.

1 bean should be enough, cut it then slice it open longways and soak in vodka.
depending on the type of beer you can use different liquors. Ive used rum(dark and light), bourbon and vodka.

ive never done cacao powder, only done cacao beans. i roasted then smashed them (creating nibs) and soaked in vodka or light rum.

take a jar, pour about a inch or so above the vanilla or cacao and let sit for however many days you'd like, the longer the better. cacao soaks up some of the vodka so keep an eye on it and add more if needed.

Does any one know how to add vanilla bean and cocao to a beer without infecting it? Soak them in Vodka or boil them? This beer is for a wedding and I do not want it to get infected.

I've used raw cacao nibs. Roast for a few min and then treat the same as vanilla bean (vodka or whiskey).

Both the bean and the chocolate? Also i'm sure you add the vodka to the beer right? Also think one bean will be enough for a 5 gallon batch of a coffee, choclate stout?

+1 to soaking beans and nibs in vodka. I'd do 2 beans, and slice them down the middle.

Just finished a turkey club with a cherry coke.

I did a stout recipe that used cocoa husks in the primary, nibs in the secondary...or was it husks in the boil and nibs in the primary? Anyway, I think I soaked the nibs in rum and definitely poured it all in...it was only a half cup or so.

Drinking ginger ale. Brewing a IIPA on Saturday with 18.5 lbs of grain for a 5 gallon batch. F yeah. Still can't decide if I'm going to add a small amount of dextrose.

Perfect day for this. Got the grill fired up in the rain for a steak and pork chop lunch.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409250137.015375.jpg

afternoon coff-

off tomorrow and im gonna get up early and brew- just decided why? cause i can

all this talk of pumpkin beer is making me wanna try my hand at one, no spice style. This way ill have a oktoberfest and pumpkin beer for fall

afternoon coff-

all this talk of pumpkin beer is making me wanna try my hand at one, no spice style. This way ill have a oktoberfest and pumpkin beer for fall

Do it. I remember my first pumpkin beer. :D

Brewing tomorrow as well. What do you have going on tomorrow?

On the water for the rest of the day.

Do it. I remember my first pumpkin beer. :D

Brewing tomorrow as well. What do you have going on tomorrow?

On the water for the rest of the day.

nothing much man- just brewing in the AM-

Im gonna do 7.5 lbs 2 row , 2.5 munich- Cluster at 60 mins- mash with baking pumpkins (if i can find them) that were roasted in the oven - and put some in the boil also - just for **** -

I got up and helped get the kids off to school, had a cup of coffee and lay back down...boom...back to sleep until 11:00. In addition to the nose closing off last night, my right eye started burning and feeling scratched, so took the contacts out. Today, the eye feels like someone punched me. It's weird. I'm just going to chill mostly today. How about you? Did you get your respiratory infection or whatever was kicking your butt vanquished?
That eye thing is what I had but in both. Ooze from both eyes and stuck shut all night. I am about 75% better. Still on antibiotics, coughing so much that my ribs are killing me. Head is still fairly clogged & foggy but overall, I'm doing a heck of a lot better. Eyes water easily and there is minimal goop.
I hope you feel better soon.

Water right now.

That eye thing is what I had but in both. Ooze from both eyes and stuck shut all night. I am about 75% better. Still on antibiotics, coughing so much that my ribs are killing me. Head is still fairly clogged & foggy but overall, I'm doing a heck of a lot better. Eyes water easily and there is minimal goop.

Water right now.

Wow...yuck! Same to you!! You've been struggling for awhile...glad you finally convinced a doc that you reached that "phase" where antibiotics are advised!

Having some soda and some bleu cheese and crackers. Maybe the mold in the cheese with have some positive effect.

Ladies and Gentlemen. I present to you for the 2014 College Football season Garnet (American Amber) and Gold! (APA) Bring on GameDay!

Water right now.

Ebola is a real b*tch isnt it?

Sorry you guys are sick mattmille and hello. Everyone has been sick in my house so I'm sure I'm due.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

afternoon coff-

Tough to pull off a pumpkin beer with no spices do you have a recipe you are following?

Both the bean and the chocolate? Also i'm sure you add the vodka to the beer right? Also think one bean will be enough for a 5 gallon batch of a coffee, choclate stout?

I have both vanilla bean and cocoa nibs soaking in a honey liqueur right now. I opened it the other day and it smells awesome. I like using vodka when soaking for a beer since it really doesn't impart any extra flavor.

Chilled a root beer that I bottled about two weeks ago...not bad. A little undercarbed. Daughter says it needs a little more sugar.

Chilled a root beer that I bottled about two weeks ago...not bad. A little undercarbed. Daughter says it needs a little more sugar.
bottling root beer scares the hell out of me. I'm always afraid of ending up with bottle bombs. I have 1 keg & picnic faucet set aside for root beer. and hopefully soon a separate line & faucet on my keezer!

Norm, I'm on my way. Wait for me, my love...

easy there, Cliff.

Latest posts

Back