What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random cold ass day. Having coffee and just cannot get motivated. I guess it's supposed to be very windy today. This weather is stupid. Last night, just as I finished a short jog (called slog), I opened my truck doors to get my dog water and the rain hit so hard and sideways the truck got drenched in the back and front. My dog never gets into the truck herself but she literally jumped in. Now I know that jerkface can get in by herself she is going to have to start doing it herself. The moral of this story, I am ready for more 70º days. That handful of days we had in a row where I could sit on the deck, grill out, walk my pup without freezing, and ride my motorcycle without the windchill freezing my body.

Surprisingly, this winter isn't bothering me yet. It's windy, a little snowy, but icy as hell up here. Up closer to the lake, they got it way worse I hear. Only time I'll say I'm glad I moved 30 miles south. Although, what's really irritating is how the cold weather is playing havoc with my 18 year old jeep. Ol girl wouldn't start yesterday when I went to leave work. I hope it's just a frozen fuel line or clogged fuel filter. It wasn't the battery this time (though if I continue to cold crank on the poor girl, it will be the battery as well).

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

Cold crashing isn't a problem out here.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394715585.750131.jpg

More Coff.

2nd band, 2nd beer. Day Trip pale ale. It's ok, kind of thin. Spicy, not your standard APA View attachment 185483

Is it just me or is there some strange stratification along the top bubble or sos width of that pour?

Random cold ass day. Having coffee and just cannot get motivated. I guess it's supposed to be very windy today. This weather is stupid. Last night, just as I finished a short jog (called slog), I opened my truck doors to get my dog water and the rain hit so hard and sideways the truck got drenched in the back and front. My dog never gets into the truck herself but she literally jumped in. Now I know that jerkface can get in by herself she is going to have to start doing it herself. The moral of this story, I am ready for more 70º days. That handful of days we had in a row where I could sit on the deck, grill out, walk my pup without freezing, and ride my motorcycle without the windchill freezing my body.

Yeah, I am looking forward to more porching weather, motorcycling weather and saner grillin temps. I don't want to wish my life away or anything, but yaknow?

Coffee. Tried to get to sleep early last night, put myself to bed at 9. Why is it that people like to send texts/emails after 9pm? Soon after my head hit the pillow two different people started messaging me. I got a phone call and several emails. I need a nap already.

Coffee. Tried to get to sleep early last night, put myself to bed at 9. Why is it that people like to send texts/emails after 9pm? Soon after my head hit the pillow two different people started messaging me. I got a phone call and several emails. I need a nap already.

That's why I leave my cell phone in the kitchen when I go to bed! :D

That's why I leave my cell phone in the kitchen when I go to bed! :D

Unfortunately it is my Alarm clock (not subject to power outages) as well as I can be called in for importantish work related things and it can be convenient. I really need to reassess it all though. I just dont get it though. What ever happened to courtesy calling hours? Shouldnt they apply to texting as well?

Drinking coffee, some Rwanda that I roasted last night. I feel it will be better in a day or two, but I'm really enjoying it. I'm down to about 2.5lbs of varying origins and need to make another order soon.

It is quiet in here today. Is Remmy working? :p

Water. About to try my hand at naturally carbonating my blonde ale.

Still drinking water but picked up some oskar blues Gubna on my way to work. So glad they are in KS now and the bottle shop owner gave me good news. Firestone walker, founders and bells are all considering coming to KS soon!! :mug:

BTW, is Gubna worth the $13 for a 4 pack? Seemed a little high but I had to try it.

Still drinking water but picked up some oskar blues Gubna on my way to work. So glad they are in KS now and the bottle shop owner gave me good news. Firestone walker, founders and bells are all considering coming to KS soon!! :mug:

BTW, is Gubna worth the $13 for a 4 pack? Seemed a little high but I had to try it.
I love Gubna. I wish I had access to it here but I've yet to see it in the Raleigh area. I believe I paid $10+ for it in So. Cal.
Just remember. Natural Blondes don't use peroxide. Even the bubbly ones.

hahaha funny guy.

Sample of my Brett Saison. It's gone down from 1.066 to 1.026 in 9 days. The 3724 stalled perfectly and I just moved the primary away from the heat. Time for the brett to do its thing. It tastes awesome but needs that dryness to come through. I'll check it in a few months.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394727888.846554.jpg

Also took a gravity reading of my RIS, which I brewed 5 days ago. It's gone from 1.102 to 1.038 (8.4% ABV) and has a very rich flavor. This is going to hit the oak barrel in about a month!

I thought it seemed high but i dont mind supporting this guy. He has one shop but personally contacts breweries that dont distribute here trying to get them too. I just hope it was worth it haha they are only two weeks old :)

Worth it?? Maybe... I enjoy it and that's what I pay for it, but I don't do that often because there are other good choices that are usually less expensive

Home brew Papaya Bomb

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394728615.819687.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

2nd mug o' coffee. Just found out that Victory's Dirt Wolf and Avery's Majaraja just landed at my bottle shop this week. Payday can't come soon enough, I am all out of hoppy beer and that is a real serious problem here folks.

Another.

Just bottled another one of my IPAs. A big Columbus and Simcoe bomb.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394729093.277855.jpg

Another.

Just bottled another one of my IPAs. A big Columbus and Simcoe bomb.

View attachment 185569

I call that one "Table top beer". It's almost an exact match from the beer and the table. Looks like you can use the head on that beer as a mattress topper. Fluffy and comfy.

I call that one "Table top beer". It's almost an exact match from the beer and the table. Looks like you can use the head on that beer as a mattress topper. Fluffy and comfy.

I call it something else. But that's a topic for another day.

I'm done with this bomber. Time to see what else I have in the fridge before I go to the range.

Second bomber smashed. HB Conan simcoe bomb.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394731487.786934.jpg

I'm done with this bomber. Time to see what else I have in the fridge before I go to the range.

Driving range? Into golf huh?

I think corporate outings should be at the shooting range rather than the golf course. Better environment for conversation.

Pow pow time. JK man. Guns and alcohol don't mix. Everything's locked up, don't worry. Now, where my floccing beer?

Damn, had high hopes for this one based on the opinions of others. Way, way too sweet for me. Was gonna include a couple of these in a box going to one of my friends back home who is sending me a haul from Alpine Beer Co. We have pretty much the exact same tastes for beer, so I might just leave these out.

IMG-20140313-00256.jpg

Back