What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very tempted to buy a sixer of those,as Ive never had them in the can. Being kind of broke, I skipped it. Yeah, I have like only a six pack of various commercial beer in the fridge now with a lot of random aging homebrew basement conditioned/unrefrigerated. Have my eye on about 4-5 sixers of stuff I want though that is either seasonal/or haven't had yet. Been disciplining myself though lately with patience. Self control is hard on a budget.

Damn skippy it is... 3 trades this month plus a CA beer trip have been hell on the bank account, but if you like IPA's like I think you do, this one is a must have.

First Odell brew and I must say I am impressed. Piney and floral hops notes with a well balanced malt character and roast notes characteristic of the style. Tastes similar to the BIPA I just bottled yesterday. Should be a good sign that it has a fair chance in the comp I'm sending it to next week. Many thanks to BeerGoogler from Beer Forum for hooking me up with this.

20140123_232700 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

First Odell brew and I must say I am impressed. Piney and floral hops notes with a well balanced malt character and roast notes characteristic of the style. Tastes similar to the BIPA I just bottled yesterday. Should be a good sign that it has a fair chance in the comp I'm sending it to next week. Many thanks to BeerGoogler from Beer Forum for hooking me up with this.

20140123_232700 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I really need to try that!

Damn skippy it is... 3 trades this month plus a CA beer trip have been hell on the bank account, but if you like IPA's like I think you do, this one is a must have.

Ive only had it in bombers and yeah it was good everytime, could have even been aged a few times but I would not have known as it was awesome everytime I had it. Maybe 3-4 times. Lives up to its reputation for shure.:mug:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390538803.431080.jpg

Add it to the trade list for next month. I'm pretty sure I can hook you up :)

Got 11 bombers of my pumpkin transferred from keg to bottles. First time I did that. :)

Drinking the IPA, I forgot to dry hop.
View attachment 174396

I may be able to get that. Let me check tomorrow and get back to you. Im jealous of your capper. I tried to bottle a 750 of pumpkin buffalo sweat today and my wing capper wouldnt work on the bottle :(

OK, I lied. One more if these guys. Then I'm off to bed. I have a feeling morning's gonna come sooner than I expect. uploadfromtaptalk1390539318844.jpg

Serious activity going on in my Fuggles IPa. Only chilled some reserve bottles a few hours and I would say it looks like how a mad fermentation looks only in my beer glass, **** going all up and down the glass. Still in a good ipa phase with a infected belgiany/barrel aged + overcarbed thing going on though. Pretty shure it maybe is some wild yeast and not overcarb, Im fairly familiar with my "house" wild yeast strain I think now after having a few infected batches previously. Im just lucky I guess when I randomly catch them. Its really odd though after a year it just starts doing this. I like to keep an eye on all my batches though, safety first :) Ive been really fortunate though being consistant about checking batches, and I recommend doing it if you age your beer, to check a bottle every month to watch for overcarb. Bottles blowing up freak me out and don't wish that on anyone. Especially if you have pets or children or have them anywhere that would be a threat to anyone and yourself. I would feel terrible giving out something that became infected. I would still recommend brewing a Fuggles IPa, I used wlpo60 and the beer turned out really well but better at first, but who doesn't like an ipa before a year of it aging? Mines still pretty good, just with a carbonation problem not, but fixed that with some fridge time. Balls!

I may be able to get that. Let me check tomorrow and get back to you. Im jealous of your capper. I tried to bottle a 750 of pumpkin buffalo sweat today and my wing capper wouldnt work on the bottle :(

I broke a wing capper on a Sunday night around 9pm. Had 5 gallons of primed homebrew, 50 clean /sanitized bottles and no way to cap them. Wound up filling 2-liter soda bottles and a few other odd containers. Next day I bought the that capper. It doesn't get much of a workout any more due to kegs, but still nice to have.

I broke a wing capper on a Sunday night around 9pm. Had 5 gallons of primed homebrew, 50 clean /sanitized bottles and no way to cap them. Wound up filling 2-liter soda bottles and a few other odd containers. Next day I bought the that capper. It doesn't get much of a workout any more due to kegs, but still nice to have.

Ive got a backup fortunately and will be getting a few kegs next month. I cant wait to only be bottling on occasion for the aging brews.

DView attachment 174376damn good. Been holding on to the last couple ozs just to whiff it and enjoy the aroma. Damn close to my current fave vanilla stout (mean old tom).

Next time i drink my last vbs i
Plan on doing a side by side with MOT.

Had to put it in this glass :D fins and remmy know why. :mug:

Ill have to send you more of that :mug: glad you loved it... just pour it in a different glass next time.. lol. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

And this is the final cap to the night. Roommate is now regretting the triple SA purchase but for this one the Belgian yeast overtakes any sense of dessert stout. Light body, no mouthful, and no chocolate/spiced taste.

1390542302407.jpg

Last of this one for a year ... although I want to brew a clone and make it sour.. that's the only thing I think its missing.. a touch of sour :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

1390542794157.jpg

Beer Lao dark on the banks of the Mekong river

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Home Brew mobile app

No. I work at Baker Hughes. The "campus" I work at is fairly big so they call it a campus. I can run any test today anyway so its kind of a waste of day

O ok haha I guess I have heard of companies referring to it as a campus before. How bad is the weather down there? Weather channel made it seem like you were getting an ice/snowpocalypse

O ok haha I guess I have heard of companies referring to it as a campus before. How bad is the weather down there? Weather channel made it seem like you were getting an ice/snowpocalypse

People drive like idiots when it rains. So when it ices people turning into f*(king morons. It rain yesterday so the road are wet when it froze this morning. I had no problem getting to work. There was a car abandoned on top of a bridge without any lights on that obviously hit the wall. We are not prepared for winter in the first place and if it does actually freeze people freak out. So, I just grab a huge stout and relax. lol

The place I work is pretty big. I work in the Labs, the location has engineering, admin, a warehouse, paint, manufacturing frac trucks/pumps. This campus is atleast 50 acres big and across the street they are building a huge training center complete with a practice well.

Baker Hughes, huh? We are closing-in on you guys.

Great back workout and now having a water and a PB&J.

I need beer.

drinking coffee - and FYI - Today is BEER CAN APPRECIATION DAY ( who makes this crap up)...

http://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/beer-can-appreciation-day/

Beer has only been sold in cans since 1935, and what a revolutionary moment that was. Celebrate Beer Can Appreciation Day responsibly, and consider how different our world might be if you couldn’t get beer in cans!

drinking coffee - and FYI - Today is BEER CAN APPRECIATION DAY ( who makes this crap up)...

http://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/beer-can-appreciation-day/

Beer has only been sold in cans since 1935, and what a revolutionary moment that was. Celebrate Beer Can Appreciation Day responsibly, and consider how different our world might be if you couldn’t get beer in cans!

Interesting day haha I will have to have some TG when I get home

for those of you that were talking about Banh Mi:

Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat Asian Sausage Banh Mi Sandwich
Ingredients
3lbs ground sausage
1 cup of brown sugar,
¼ cup of hoisin sauce
¾ cup of Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat
2 TBSP pressed garlic
2 cups shredded carrots,
2 cups cucumbers
½ cup diced jalapenos (leave in seeds for extra heat)
2 TBSP lemon Juice or 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
1 tsp of cayenne

Sausage Filling: In a large pan place sausage, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat, and garlic. Brown mixture and set aside.
Slaw Topping: In a large bowl toss carrots, cucumbers and jalapenos. Cover mixture with lemon Juice and cayenne. Toss again.
Put meat on sliced French baguette or hoagie-type bun, top with slaw and enjoy. Don't forget to pour yourself a beer to go with it.

Back