What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shared a Kvass from Russia with some coworkers. It is the version for children; <0.5%. A little viscous, pretty decent flavor, almost rootbeer like. Add some hops, it would be a decent NA beer.

Isn't something I would buy often, but better than the alternatives. funny thing, both people said they could taste the alcohol.

I really wish Lawson's was more available. This shizz is so damn good!! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390599798.821796.jpg

I'll second that.
First beer of the afternoon is my last Sculpin. Yum.
Gotta celebrate barely making it to the gas station and my car getting inspected finally. :)

I like those Fisher Price beer goggles! :fro:

I love the stuff my 3yr old leaves around.. Last night she insisted on sitting in a laundry basket to watch tv.

Water for now, but Victory at Sea and Founders Breakfast Stout are on deck. Happy Friday!

I like those Fisher Price beer goggles! :fro:

I love the stuff my 3yr old leaves around.. Last night she insisted on sitting in a laundry basket to watch tv.

Water for now, but Victory at Sea and Founders Breakfast Stout are on deck. Happy Friday!

Stouts sound good.

Mickey Mouse binoculars. Accidentally stepped on them the one day, and as I'm thinking @$!# that hurt, it says "Keep your eyes open!" Yeah, I'll try to remember to do that haha.
Onto a hb pale ale. Gotta throw some more beers in the fridge for later after "parent's night out"

26 stitch a week in the bottle still under carbed but had to taste it and this is going to be a killer brew when fully carbed and the aromatics really pop

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390603703.873704.jpg

Stouts sound good.

Mickey Mouse binoculars. Accidentally stepped on them the one day, and as I'm thinking @$!# that hurt, it says "Keep your eyes open!" Yeah, I'll try to remember to do that haha.
Onto a hb pale ale. Gotta throw some more beers in the fridge for later after "parent's night out"

So you did not introduce those Mickey binoculars to the wall after a moment like that? Hmm. I don't think I'd have that kind of self control.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390604085.738888.jpg

Troegs Lagrave w dinner

Stouts sound good.

I will be transferring a coffee RIS off bourbon soaked cacao nibs to serving kegs to carb so it seemed like a good choice :mug:

This Lagrave seems to be developing nicely in the bottle, even though it is still young.

Seems a bit drier and more earthy than it did when I first tried it, with subtle spiciness.

Didn't think it was anything special at first, but I'm liking it more and more.

On the delicate end of the style and definitely better for it.

Mark surprised me with even more Tired Hands even though I owe him about a case of beer at this point. Best BdG I've tried from TH by far. The carbonation doesn't hurt. This was a slushy when it got here, HandFarm was about 5 minutes from exploding. Ssssoooo glad it didn't.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390605964.234319.jpg

Shared a Kvass from Russia with some coworkers. It is the version for children; <0.5%. A little viscous, pretty decent flavor, almost rootbeer like. Add some hops, it would be a decent NA beer.

Isn't something I would buy often, but better than the alternatives. funny thing, both people said they could taste the alcohol.

Can you get more? I'd love to try real kvass!

Man its cold... Went to the bottle shop then decided to go to lions brewery since its right down the road and they don't Offer tours... That's depressing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

Great imperial stout by free state. Just came out and not a hint of booze, only 8.7% and very drinkable! I will be getting more soon.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390607036.423511.jpg

So you did not introduce those Mickey binoculars to the wall after a moment like that? Hmm. I don't think I'd have that kind of self control.

View attachment 174517

Troegs Lagrave w dinner
They're still in one piece. Since there was no alcohol involved, it was easier to show some self restraint haha.
Just chugged some apfelwein before we drop the kids off at the y for a few hours. Giddyup to date night!

Just finished an 8 oz mug of homemade apple jack. Put a few ice cubes and a teaspoon of sugar to counter the harsh bitterness. Wow! What a buzz.

Sipping on some SN Ruthless Rye IPA at the moment (which is actually surprisingly good) but have a big bottle of Jester King's Black Metal Imperial Stout waiting on later. Snow's moving in tonight, then bitter cold behind it.. May have to switch to bourbon sooner or later.

:tank:

Can you get more? I'd love to try real kvass!

Had a neighbor move in about 12 years ago who is from Russia. One day he gave me a bottle of KVASS and I never heard of it. When he said he brewed it himself I was shocked. He's aware of a low alcohol version but brews his to about 8%. He gave me his recipe and I brew it about once or twice per year. It's a nice break from "the usual".

Now that I think about it, I just drank my last 2 bottles of KVASS and have to reconnect with the neighbor to brew a new batch. If I remember right it was just a bunch of burnt dark bread, some sugar, some nutrients and yeast. I have to dig up the actual amounts since we've done 1 and 5 gallon batches. I'm pretty sure I used K1V for one of the smaller batches and it was just way over the top. Got to look up the yeast too.

Before and after I'm stuffed from my BBQ double quarter pounders with cheese, oh the this beer is pretty dam good to top it all off

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390609761.072957.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390609821.144102.jpg

Looking over the preliminary tap list for Hunahpu Day, I think they said they will have about 100 beers there. The Hunahpoopoo looks interesting. Drinking a Sobieski and cranberry.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1390611270.079781.jpg

Back