What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spiced pumpkin brown ale bottled with cinnamon tea. There is an odd smell for sure, a weird taste when it first hits my tongue. Not a winner in other words. Not sure how to even describe things but the pumpkin beer itself was great...just not the ones bottled with tea.

Oh and look...I'm Channel! YUKA YUKA YUKA! :ban:

You can try but you'll never be as cocky as me.

Thanks love for the flu. Thanks Murphy's for the stout

image-1578839268.jpg

my Helles and a sample of the kombucha. it's not quite as tart or sharp as I was expecting. it's still there & still good though. now I just gotta dial it in. hahahahaha!!

That's the 2002, 23% version. I've told the story on here I'm sure. Bought a case in 03 when I visited. Guys at the brewery told me about a liqour store who couldn't sell it in North Deleware and I got the case for $100. Left a few for safe keeping with a friend. Drank it back in January back to back with year Dark Lord I'd given him back in the day. Felt like a baller. Both were insanely good, though those are the only years of either that have held up from what I've heard.

Don't recall that story, but I figured it was an older one.

HB cider. I decided not to clear the cider made from commercial cider instead of the usual apple juice this year. The apple particulates give it a different flavor I think. Though it looks like crap in the glass.

DSC_0129.jpg

Deviant Dales IPA. Newfound(for me-new to area-IL anyway-close enough) malty Columbus Deliciousness in a can.

That's the 2002, 23% version. I've told the story on here I'm sure. Bought a case in 03 when I visited. Guys at the brewery told me about a liqour store who couldn't sell it in North Deleware and I got the case for $100. Left a few for safe keeping with a friend. Drank it back in January back to back with year Dark Lord I'd given him back in the day. Felt like a baller. Both were insanely good, though those are the only years of either that have held up from what I've heard.

Me love to try a 02 www. they are getting weaker

Stauffbier said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a coffee stout brewed by a new friend I met at the recent beer fest/homebrew competition that I was in. I was actually competing against him in the Stout category, and he ended up taking first place with this. He's a young new brewer of only one year, which makes this beer quite impressive to me. It's a very well balanced stout with medium body. It has subtle notes of chocolate and raisins with very prominent coffee flavor and aroma. The coffee is smooth on the palate and not at all bitter as in some coffee beers I've had. It has a moderate carbonation and tan colored head that dissipates quickly with thin lacing on the glass. It's my pleasure to be drinking this, and it will be sipped and savored!

Nice write up. I hope he sees it!

Deschutes Hop Squeeze. Good beer, though I think I would like a little more body and sweetness.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Nice I have a 2 yr old one I think ill open on New Years. Now having Odd Side Ales Black Citra, a very nice twist on their flagship Citra Pale Ale

I think this might be my favorite JP beer so far

finsfan said:
I was just thinking that. Taos Ski valley did too but not much yet, they started making snow after the first snow. It will just be so much better come mid december

Didn't think any of the resorts out west made snow. Especially Taos. Wtf

NIZZLE said:
Buddy's HB iipa fooooooking tasty rolled in it 10.5% abv.

Looks good. I need to rebrew my IIPA. 10.2% and 19 oz of hops in a 5 gallon batch. So good. I have the hops for it, just need to get the grain.

Back