What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Video Link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!

I see yours and raise you a

ForumRunner_20131024_220507.png

The ones here in Colorado do.

Rice wine I am drinking, yes hmmmm. Glow it does, when the light is black. Hard to photograph the dark light wine is, yes.

WHAT??? I have to try this now. Wasn't planning on drinking tonight but now I must.

Especially since I've got many gallons of homemade delicious rice wine.

Anything special or just the regular stuff we brew?

WHAT??? I have to try this now. Wasn't planning on drinking tonight but now I must.

Especially since I've got many gallons of homemade delicious rice wine.

Anything special or just the regular stuff we brew?
The same stuff it is. React to ultraviolet light, the proteins do. Subtle, it is. Water of tonic glows brighter it does. Cyan does it shine. Oil of vegetable also does glow. Vitamin of B glows, but yellow is it's color.

Time now it is, for glowing wine of your own to pursue.

<(-_-)>

Pfffff what a noob :D New batch of hard tea deciding on my final recipe for home fermented sauerkraut. Anyone got a fave recipe?

Recipe? For kraut? Cabbage + salt. I think 50g salt / kilo cabbage off the top of my head, but I'd hafta to double check. I've tossed some juniper berries in before and that's nice, but I think plain is better.

Age 4 or this morning?

Pshht. I started drinking at age 3. My parents even took a picture of the after effects. Sad part is that I'm not even joking! I was the ring bearer in my Aunt's wedding in '83 and at the reception I got bored because everyone was out on the dance floor having a ball. So since no one was paying attention to me and I was thirsty, I decided I would just start finishing the drinks that were left at the table. I mean at 3 years old, you just assume that they were done if they were unattended drinks and I knew not of alchyhol. So, there I was, drinking everyone's drinks at the table. All dolled up in a tux that was about 3 sizes too big for me! Yeah. I'm hardcore!! ;-)

Recipe? For kraut? Cabbage + salt. I think 50g salt / kilo cabbage off the top of my head, but I'd hafta to double check. I've tossed some juniper berries in before and that's nice, but I think plain is better.

I was thinking dill and caraway Edit: MIL bought me a new pickle crock so Im eager to use it :ban:

TNGabe said:
Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
I was thinking dill and caraway Edit: MIL bought me a new pickle crock so Im eager to use it :ban:

image-2442366263.jpg

My great grandmother's sauerkraut crock. I'd love to put it back in service, but what would I do with all that kraut?

Finishing up cleaning bottles between 2nd and 3rd periods, and while I'm pulling older and stronger stuff out of my stash, also bleeding pressure from a bomber of my overcarbonated 2+ year old delicious medal winning Brett Tripel (tastes fantastic, but I should have given it a bit longer with the Brett before I bottled) before making that my nightcap.

My great grandmother's sauerkraut crock. I'd love to put it back in service, but what would I do with all that kraut?

Thats why I love mine, its only about 2 gallons. Ill make a half batch and give them half (we use a lot of kraut) and then gonna make IPA Pickles

ForumRunner_20131024_234340.jpg

Back