What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I can appreciate this opinion, I will respectfully disagree. It really is a sweet beer, but then so is Creme Brûlée. I like it and will continue to drink it. I think it's best served with a dessert. That kinda cuts some of the sweetness. But if you don't like it, more power to ya! More for me! :-D

I couldn't drink a 2oz pour at a fest or get the taste out of my mouth or my mind. It should have a warning label and a picture of Wilfird Brimley on the bottle.
Wilford+Brimley_.jpg

image-617414338.jpg

Saint Somewhere Saison Athene. I keep buying these, intending on saving one for an extra on a trade. I can't stop drinking them. Love it. If you ever get one, beware of the auto-ejecting cork. It will put your eye out.

tyzippers said:
While I can appreciate this opinion, I will respectfully disagree. It really is a sweet beer, but then so is Creme Brûlée. I like it and will continue to drink it. I think it's best served with a dessert. That kinda cuts some of the sweetness. But if you don't like it, more power to ya! More for me! :-D

I agree. I really like the Creme brûlée stout. I had no problem drinking a whole bomber by myself.

View attachment 130504

Saint Somewhere Saison Athene. I keep buying these, intending on saving one for an extra on a trade. I can't stop drinking them. Love it. If you ever get one, beware of the auto-ejecting cork. It will put your eye out.

Jealous. Of that beer and your beer budget!

Is there such a thing as less developed beach around St Petersburg? Within an hour or so? My wife goes to the beach with her sister every fall, usually outerbanks. I hate the beach, but would really like to visit St Somewhere, 7vth Sun, and Cigar City.

Trying a sweetwater 420. Reminds me of something Deschutes has, but not as dirty tasting... Still good, i'd have more if i could get a hold of it!

IMG_20130622_200908_053_zpsef521dd3.jpg

Having been bottling a cream ale earlier today, I followed up with one of my Cloven Hoof Weizens from last year. It is surprisingly still in good shape for a beer that usually doesn't last more than a few months.

TNGabe said:
Jealous. Of that beer and your beer budget!

Is there such a thing as less developed beach around St Petersburg? Within an hour or so? My wife goes to the beach with her sister every fall, usually outerbanks. I hate the beach, but would really like to visit St Somewhere, 7vth Sun, and Cigar City.

Tons. The good thing about that area (Clearwater/Sarasota), is they don't allow driving on the beach, which means you can have "adult beverages" as long as they are not in glass containers. Sarasota/Siesta Key was voted most beautiful beach in America. Sarasota puts you around 30 minutes from all of those breweries.

Edit* my beer budget is around $35-40 a week. You save a ton of money by not going to bars, a 20 month old kinda puts a end to that.

TNGabe said:
Try blending the creme brulee and vanilla porter.

What's in between Clown Shoes and MechaHopzilla?

Not a bad idea. Ill post results as long as I'm no too drunk. Haha.

tyzippers said:

Right on. I respect your opinion. It's just not for me. A bold flavor profile for sure just not my thing. Cheers!

bloodystout said:
Right on. I respect your opinion. It's just not for me. A bold flavor profile for sure just not my thing. Cheers!

Yeah man! No digs intended! It certainly isn't for everyone! Might be good with a rich chocolate cake or something. Definitely let us know how it is cut with the vanilla porter. That sounds interesting.

Finishing up a Hop Stoopid with a Little Sumpin' Sumpin' in the on deck circle:

hopstoopidsumpin.jpg

Hah! i live not too far away from you and my wife and her family grew up in newberg! Cheers!

:edit: found it to be funny, my father in law always has little sumpin in the fridge.

allenH said:
Edit* my beer budget is around $35-40 a week. You save a ton of money by not going to bars, a 20 month old kinda puts a end to that.

Hahah, sounds like me except minus 3 months on the kid.

a full 20 of my Simcoe Pale. the MO is outstanding and the small amount of crystal10L balances it nicely. glad I bottled enough for the lake this year.

image-2890000487.jpg

Finally pitched the Belle Saison. Chilled to 63 degrees, going to let it do what it does in the garage (80-90 degrees). Excited for my first saison.

image-12999386.jpg

Having this tasty little number before bed.

allenH said:
Finally pitched the Belle Saison. Chilled to 63 degrees, going to let it do what it does in the garage (80-90 degrees). Excited for my first saison.

Bottled my first saison today. We were tying to clone a beer from Great Divide (Colette) and I think it's fairly close.

I also had a few bottles of Shiner FM 966 farmhouse tonight. Decent brew, but I'm positive my saison will be better once it's carbed.

image-2022005190.jpg

Having an Andersen valley hop Ottin at my favorite bar. Lady falconburgs in Durango co. 100 different beers with 38 rotating crafts on tap!

Attachments

• image-1746110880.jpg
    image-1746110880.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 122
View attachment 130529

View attachment 130530

Bottled my first saison today. We were tying to clone a beer from Great Divide (Colette) and I think it's fairly close.

I also had a few bottles of Shiner FM 966 farmhouse tonight. Decent brew, but I'm positive my saison will be better once it's carbed.

I gotta know, what yeast did either of you use for your Saisons?

My brew shop only carries wyeast. Guess I'm lucky to even have a brew shop

my old LHBS was Pour Brothers in Gillette. they only carried Wyeast. and I was happy to have the great group they brought out. now my closest local is at least 45-60 minutes away. both of them are only White Labs.

The hydrometer sample from my banana wine. 15.1% abv. Very promising wine, it's just to young right now.

Back