What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20130622_174712_LLS_Hagrid.jpg

Nice cold black and tan after the beerfest.

The insane shelton bros fest?

He drank so much he finally figured out how to take pictures right side up! A moment of clarity, as it were. Well done!

****, if I take a normal pic with my iPhone, HBT displays it sideways. If I take a horizontal pic with my phone, HBT displays it upright.

Regardless, I'm smashing brews!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driking Powerade while I try to come up with a watermelon mead recipe.any thoughts?

Uhhh, yuck? My more helpful thought is juice the melon and use that instead of water. Do you have a long enough summer to grow melons up there? I'd try and use a fresh, local, ripe melon. It's going to be way better than the bland ones at the store. I really like the orange and yellow ones. I think there is a creamsicle maybe and yellow moon and stars is good, too. Glad I don't have 1/4 acre of melons again this year.

NIZZLE said:
Driking Powerade while I try to come up with a watermelon mead recipe.any thoughts?

I don't have any tips, but I imagine you looking a little like this.
;)

image-743887639.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
I don't know if its a shock to the taste buds after all the Citra or if this isn't good, but I'm not digging this.

Prolly all the citra, I had this experience last night after having a all citra red a dipa didn't not taste right then my taste buds started coming back by the bottom of the bomber we shall call this the citra effect lol

Uhhh, yuck? My more helpful thought is juice the melon and use that instead of water. Do you have a long enough summer to grow melons up there? I'd try and use a fresh, local, ripe melon. It's going to be way better than the bland ones at the store. I really like the orange and yellow ones. I think there is a creamsicle maybe and yellow moon and stars is good, too. Glad I don't have 1/4 acre of melons again this year.

Great idea I should grow my Owen thanks

How's Cassie? Motueka is one of my favorite hops and I'm really hoping it's still around Weds. Did you try the rhubarb saison?

Cassie was great. The motueka really mixed well with the esters from the yeast.

I did not have the rhubarb saison, but I heard it was solid. Jean the owner was talking about how he muddled the rhubarb into the casks.

TNGabe said:
I spent a couple summers in Idaho Springs. That brewery stinks in a spoiled spent grain sort of way. Maybe the beer has improved, but it was always a slam a few $2 pints during happy hour place for me. I'm always surprised they have such wide distribution.

I don't think they distribute here. I got this as part of a "craft beer of the month club" someone gave me as a present. Many of those beers were awful (see my cellar cleaning posts earlier in the week.). This isn't bad overall - not great, but I'll definitely finish these.

I don't think they distribute here. I got this as part of a "craft beer of the month club" someone gave me as a present. Many of those beers were awful (see my cellar cleaning posts earlier in the week.). This isn't bad overall - not great, but I'll definitely finish these.

I've seen Tommyknockers in TN which considering how awful distro is here (unless you live in Oklahoma apparently) is a real kick the in the butt.

image-1501724627.jpg

Cigar City Humidor series IPA. First time they put this beer in 12oz bottles, it is normally in 750's. I do like getting almost twice the beer for my money, but I don't get the fancy feeling of a 750. Awesome beer, it's like drinking a Jai-Alai out of a cigar box.

Back