What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sour porter. It went through some ugly teenage months in the bottle, but has regained it's lost mouthfeel. Drinking good!

image-3513926746.jpg

TCGoose said:
Boulevard saison Brett. Pitched the dregs into a gallon of the saison I brewed today. Pumped.

I still haven't tried that beer. Jealous! You won't get much funk from Brett in primary. If you blend it back with the rest of the batch at bottling you sure will though.

TNGabe said:
I still haven't tried that beer. Jealous! You won't get much funk from Brett in primary. If you blend it back with the rest of the batch at bottling you sure will though.

This is my first time doing anything with Brett. So a bit of an experiment. Gonna bottle it separately. Will the Brett do much with priming sugar? Or will the sacc get at that first?

Finally stumbled upon it again somewhat around here (not literally-come on!). My favorate Tallgrass beer right here. I wasnt too impressed with the 8 bit when I had it before-still have one left also. Either Oasis is popular and they couldnt distribute it as much or its not popular and they dont distribute it as much.?? And glad they changed their ipa-I like the new one better now myself. Their wheat beer Haylacon comes in 2nd for me also. And not real big on alot of the wheat beers.

oasis.jpg

Went to House of 1000 Beers and spent way too much! But either way, I got some good stuff! I know someone here who's gonna get some of this good stuff! Unfortunately I was a week too early for their Doom release.

Had a Rye of the Tiger on tap at my mom's birthday dinner tonight and I have to say, that is one tasty brew!! I will be looking for that stuff again.

tyzippers said:
Went to House of 1000 Beers and spent way too much! But either way, I got some good stuff! I know someone here who's gonna get some if this good stuff! Unfortunately I was a week too early for their Doom release.

Had a Rye of the Tiger on tap at my mom's birthday dinner tonight and I have to say, that is one tasty brew!! I will be looking for that stuff again.

Rye was good, but alchemy Hour (or whatever it will be called next year) is much better.

This is my first time doing anything with Brett. So a bit of an experiment. Gonna bottle it separately. Will the Brett do much with priming sugar? Or will the sacc get at that first?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Doesn't really matter which yeast is more active in the bottle fermentation.

Finished a Shiner Ruby Redbird. I wanted to hate it, but the ginger and grapefruit make it a very refreshing beer. I'm going to have a Bourbon (Eagle Rare, which is pretty smooth, for middle-shelf Bourbon) next.

Changing things up tonight. I ended up having to judge ciders for a competition a while back, and didn't have a good frame of reference for French Cider. So when I saw one of the BJCP commercial examples in the store the other day, I picked it up.

I present to you Etienne Dupont Cider Bouche Brut de Normandie:

ForumRunner_20130622_182410.jpg

Yeah so I totally agree on everyone's opinions on Southern Tier's Creme Brûlée stout. Way too sweet. That is a lot coming from me. I enjoy a good sweet stout, but this thing is ridiculous. It does not even smell like beer. It smells like vanilla cake. Not good. Going to finish it though. At 10$ it's not going to waste. Other than that I'm having some Breckenridge IPA and Vanilla Porter.

i have a delightful selection that i just got in trade... mmm... what to choose?! i'm voting sweetwater 420....

9bc62a90-d1d5-4a76-8861-6c2711808a51_zps3d5bec7e.jpg

Yeah so I totally agree on everyone's opinions on Southern Tier's Creme Brûlée stout. Way too sweet. That is a lot coming from me. I enjoy a good sweet stout, but this thing is ridiculous. It does not even smell like beer. It smells like vanilla cake. Not good. Going to finish it though. At 10$ it's not going to waste. Other than that I'm having some Breckenridge IPA and Vanilla Porter.

Try blending the creme brulee and vanilla porter.

i have a delightful selection that i just got in trade... mmm... what to choose?! i'm voting sweetwater 420....

9bc62a90-d1d5-4a76-8861-6c2711808a51_zps3d5bec7e.jpg

What's in between Clown Shoes and MechaHopzilla?

bloodystout said:

While I can appreciate this opinion, I will respectfully disagree. It really is a sweet beer, but then so is Creme Brûlée. I like it and will continue to drink it. I think it's best served with a dessert. That kinda cuts some of the sweetness. But if you don't like it, more power to ya! More for me! :-D

Billy-Klubb said:
be sure to post while trying Maudite.

edit: and describe it for us.

I posted it earlier. I enjoyed it quite a bit but it wasn't nearly as smooth as the Trois Pistoles.

Just tried a 21st Amendment Back in Black. I have to say I was a bit taken aback at first pour. I thought it was going to be a stout! (I didn't pay attention to what the can said) when I found out it was a dark IPA, I got a little excited! This is a tasty one! I'll definitely do this one again!

Besides hell or high watermellon (aka fruit poop) everything from 21A has been very solid.

Back