What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a glass or three of my mild, while I chill a bottle of Wild Brew (spelt Saison collaboration). I may finish off the evening with a Prairie Bomb...

Just had a quart of Rolling Rock with my dinner like I always do here and now back to the Old Chub!!! This stuff is ridiculous

ForumRunner_20130610_214804.jpg

Having a Wynona's Big Brown Ale to cap off a marathon craptastic Monday. As a matter of fact, after this episode of Mad Men, it's back to work.
Somebody thought it to be a good idea to design a 1300 pound component that needs a specialized installation jig to assemble it. So now that I have no spare time, it's become my responsibility to design the jig in my "spare" time. Which means at home after everyone else goes home to enjoy NOT working. /rant over/

I used 2qts pure pineapple juice. Added it to the keg, let it sit at room temp for 24hours to ferment some of the sugar but not all, then chilled and carbed. It is pretty subtle, but definitely there. Next time I will probably only let it sit out overnight before chilling.

Finally having the Prairie Bomb. I'm not usually blown completely away by a beer, but I have to say, HOLY ****E! This stuff is great! It's an imperial stout aged on coffee, cacao nibs, vanilla beans, and chili peppers. I'm going tomorrow to pick up another six pack for the cellar...

NIZZLE said:
Why are you quitting? If you don't mind me asking

TNGabe said:
Oh golly, nepitism rant ensuing....

Way to go BB. I'd gathered you are ready for a change. Better job lined up?

NIZZLE said:
Understandably I have worked for a family owned business for more than ten years and it has its moments

To keep it simple, yes it's definitely time for a change. The family business thing is no good either. One can easily make close to six figures doing this type of work in this area, as long as you aren't working for people who insist on making 7 figures and being jerks while doing it. It's not a money based decision though, we are doing fine. It is just time to go... The Union Jack is gone now :drunk:

Mango Skeeter Pee..... ugh bedtime, need a few winks of sleep as we are hittin New Holland Brewing tomorrow for $6 growlers per our biweekly schedule :D

ForumRunner_20130611_025356.jpg

HB'd Jalapeno Cream Ale. I didn't think I'd like it very much, but it's actually freaking awesome.

DSC06392.jpg

is there a distinct jalapeno flavor cuz that does sound awesome

It's got just a hint of jalapeno taste and aroma and the perfect amount of spiciness. It's nice and refreshing.

Drinking this. It's good. I'd say it's a little better than New Belgium's Trippel. A little smoother and more alcohol. Delicious.

DSC06393.jpg

It's got just a hint of jalapeno taste and aroma and the perfect amount of spiciness. It's nice and refreshing.

Drinking this. It's good. I'd say it's a little better than New Belgium's Trippel. A little smoother and more alcohol. Delicious.

As it gets warmer it's even more drinkable and delicious. This one's a winner!

As it gets warmer it's even more drinkable and delicious. This one's a winner!

I don't mind them either. I drink em straight from cellar, I like em warm too. Been trying to find the White Monkey around here.

Am I the only one who thought that was the single worst Tripel on the market? Harsh and solventy when cold, undrinkable when warm. I've had a few different bottles like that, so I don't think it was just that bottle.

It's a little too sweet, but this one popped my sour cherry, and will always hold a special place for me.

20130611_132646[1].jpg

Qhrumphf said:
Am I the only one who thought that was the single worst Tripel on the market? Harsh and solventy when cold, undrinkable when warm. I've had a few different bottles like that, so I don't think it was just that bottle.

It's a little too sweet, but this one popped my sour cherry, and will always hold a special place for me.

1) yea I can't stand that tripel
2) agreed its sweet but great. It allows you to pick up a bit more of the barrel quality than the sour bombs

1) yea I can't stand that tripel

You guys must have gotten bad bottles. I tastes good to me.

Back