What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prima Pils. Picked up a mixed 6. Golden Monkey, Hop Devil, Black Boutte Porter , Breckenridge vanilla Porter.

image-76281678.jpg

image-1963561565.jpg

Old Speckled Hen,to be followed by a Dales Pale ale,a couple of Small Craft warnings and a DFH 90 for dessert!

Billy klubbs Horehound belgian strong as I finish up my brew day.

View attachment 125796
how did you like that one? you can PM me on that one if you like, as I like brutal honesty. hahhaha!!

after kicking some major a$$ with my son on Plants vs Zombies, I'm having my Rose Hip Saison. i think it still needs another week.

I just got back from tough mudder.... The dos equis I had was terrible, both of them, haha. So I'm enjoying my wee heavy before I crash!

Just finished a bottle Cooper's Canadian Blonde I made up with 500gr DME and 700gr dextrose. I made up this batch as a thank you to my younger brother. The yield was 5 and 1/2 dozen. I been using the 1/2 dozen as samplers, drinking one a week starting 3 or 4 weeks after bottling. At this point it's tasting pretty good. I'll deliver the 5 dozen to him my next trip home (he moved back to our hometown just after I left but it's only a 3-4 hour drive away).

Moving on to a bottle of partial mash Double Chocolate Milk stout I made using Cooper's Stout (original series) for the malt extract and bittering addition. Not bad but not super either. It's a 750ml bottle so by the time I get through that I'll be ready for bed.

Hendricks gin, on the rocks with a splash of dry vermouth. Just got my garage ready for tomorrow's brew day. I haven't brewed since March.

Drinking my Saison....and it was so clear until I moved the keg dammmmmmit! Still tastes great, floaties and all.

image-2877012715.jpg

Ran out of homebrew, but on the bright side, have a little stash of 2010 Goose Island Sofies. Drinking one now as we speak. Should say that I bought these in the last month from a store who had had them on the shelves for nearly 3 years! Great stuff!

Gravity sample from my Saison. When ramping up the temp, it got away from me. Went 68 to 75 to 80 over a couple days, then instead of 85 or so it spiked to 101 over night. Dropped down to the 93-95 I wanted to end up at and have held it there since. Surprisingly not hot. It has more heat than I'd like, but 3724 Belgian Saison apparently takes temps that high like a champ. And it didn't stall out. 1.061 to 1.004 in 6 days (that 1.061 a theoretical reading including a pound of sugar on day 4 of fermentation).

So I have a pack of 3711 sitting that was on deck should the 3724 stall on me. Looks like I've got another saison to brew (going to go sessionable this time). Just need to grab some more hops.

Opening an ESB next.

Just finished a home brew imperial red rye ale, now drinking a Founders Double Trouble

Old pic but having Shorts Beard of Zeus while I clean up rice wine brew. First time I have filled all my fermenters at once! 14 gal of delicious summer beverage into the pipeline!

It's a good feeling! I have 15gal in primary/secondary. Having a New Belgium Tripel to reward myself for my first partigyle today. Can't wait to try the first beer, a 1.088og IIPA hopped with columbus, amarillo, simcoe, and citra.

Met up with DisturbdChemist at Karbach Brewing this afternoon. I had an El Hopadillo Negro-Black IPA, Roshambo-Belgian IPA, Rodeo Clown-Double IPA, and Hopadillo-IPA
Then went to The Petrol Station and had a Clown Shoes Vampire Slayer and a Founders All Day IPA.
Great day!

Gravity sample from my Saison. When ramping up the temp, it got away from me. Went 68 to 75 to 80 over a couple days, then instead of 85 or so it spiked to 101 over night. Dropped down to the 93-95 I wanted to end up at and have held it there since. Surprisingly not hot. It has more heat than I'd like, but 3724 Belgian Saison apparently takes temps that high like a champ. And it didn't stall out. 1.061 to 1.004 in 6 days (that 1.061 a theoretical reading including a pound of sugar on day 4 of fermentation).

So I have a pack of 3711 sitting that was on deck should the 3724 stall on me. Looks like I've got another saison to brew (going to go sessionable this time). Just need to grab some more hops.

Opening an ESB next.

holy flocc, son! nice! I was thinking of a 10 gallon batch of a session Saison with my pouch of 3711 as well.

Ridire said:
Hendricks gin, on the rocks with a splash of dry vermouth. Just got my garage ready for tomorrow's brew day. I haven't brewed since March.

Sounds like a few olives short of a dirty martini!! I love me a good dirty martini!

Hoppy saison.

View attachment 125746

Would it be wrong to let my wife keep napping even though she needs to get up so we can go to a wedding I don't want to go to? Weddings would be better with drinking before/during the ceremony instead of just at the reception.

'Ahhh, what a miserably hot day for a wedding in a pavilion. Thank heavens I have this refreshing and inebriating gin & tonic!' Sounds so much nicer.....

Good call on waking her ... hopefully you survived the heat and found some funky beer in the end!

Founder's Breakfast Stout thanks to HH!

That **** is incredible!

I thought it was great

It wasn't bad, but the flavor didn't live up to the aroma. Since It had a good nose, I don't think it was too old ... just hoped for more from the rye and mosaic.

drinking more of this DAMN saison!!! don't get me wrong; it's good stuff, but i'm tired off sucking on a sweat sock and ready for the keg to blow empty!!! :drunk:

Good call on waking her ... hopefully you survived the heat and found some funky beer in the end!

That **** is incredible!

It wasn't bad, but the flavor didn't live up to the aroma. Since It had a good nose, I don't think it was too old ... just hoped for more from the rye and mosaic.

no joke! I wish I'd save that for "Sunday Morning Coming Down". I kinda miss Sunday Morning Breakfast with my punk/skin brethren. at the same time, it would be any good for my family, innit? hahahhaa!!! besides, I'll always have ol' Johnny Cash and brew.:rockin:

edit: my Petite Saison 3711. Matt Lauer can suck it!

what the flocc? is this Saturday night or Monday morning? usually you buttholes (and I mean that in an enduring way) have abought 8 more pages than this. y'all better be having one helluva party!

Dopple Bock from Grand Teton Brewing. Very good...
Edit... now 90 Minute IPA Dogfish Head.

Back