What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new recipe for me. Just a home made citra cascadian mild IPA. Its a little high for a pale ale in the IBU category but not much. Other than that i would say its more of a pale ale.

Smelling great so far. Have ablut 35 minutes left in the boil and 6 hop additions to go.

My main focus is hitting my volumes spot on. Just recently bought a propane burner and there is a ton of evap on these things. Boiled off 2.5 gallons in my last batch. Made me miss my numbers substantially and had a much higher OG than expected.

Sounds yummy. 2.5 gallons?!:eek: I thought mine was bad at 1.5 - 1.75 gallons per hour.

allenH said:
Had hoptimus prime for the first time last night, best name ever, decent DIPA. What did you think if it?

Enjoying this one right now. Amazing IPA.

Yea its pretty good. Definitely started me off in the right direction for a brew day (9% abv :rockin:)

Its crazy how different things these beers can taste from all the different variables. I had one prior to this and thought it was incredible. This one, while good was not anything spectacular.

And to stay on topic. Now im onto my personal IPA stash. Honestly not as good as some of the great commercial craft IPAs obviously but still a decent representation of the style.

Plus shes my baby :drunk:

image-3314718587.jpg

^ Thats ia a go to summer beer for me. Love it. Especially when there is no skunk.

Just poured a Centennial IPA from Founders. Good stuff. Paired with a 3 year old Gouda and some snacks its tasting great!

One of mine too, I get the pint cans to ensure no skunk... just keep 'em outta the sun, I've had that and Staro skunk in the glass before. Also, IPA and gouda are an awesome combination!! Either that or a musty English cheddar are my favorites with hoppy beer.

image-951069367.jpg

The best part of being a dad.

image-3568644201.jpg

Mom gets home in 20 minutes.
Dudes Lakewalk Pale Ale.

Edit* incase anyone ever wondered what I looked like, it's this with an amazing beard.

Rogue Chocolate Stout,havent had it in almost a few years. Better than I remembered. Definately get a roasty/dark chocolate fix. Smooth and nice bitter.

You'll be fine buddy. But I know the feeling, I'm nervous about the prep classes and exam. I'm gonna have to drink for the exam because for the classes she specifically said to arrange a DD to pick you up because we drink a lot of beer.

Thanks. I'm really just nervous about the lagers. I simply don't drink enough of them. I think I'm pretty solid on all the ale styles.

WesleyS said:
You didn't specify which picture.
So here's a couple options of what you might look like. :)

Damn, you have my kid! Haha, best photoshop ever (for me, anyways)!

NordeastBrewer77 said:
I took two photos, both from a set camera from the exact same spot....

Best I can come up with is the coolest glitch I've ever seen. Ever ever.

Can you beam me a beer Scottie? Haha, awesome.

allenH said:
Damn, you have my kid! Haha, best photoshop ever (for me, anyways)!

Haha. I've been sick and in bed for the past few days. I've nothing better to do than to download an app just to slap a beard on a couple pictures.

WesleyS said:
Haha. I've been sick and in bed for the past few days. I've nothing better to do than to download an app just to slap a beard on a couple pictures.

That first one is pretty close, that is a beautiful baby beard. Good job sir.

nukebrewer said:
Trying my Belma SMaSH again. Better than last time, but still not great, as I was hoping for.

First look at that picture and I thought there was a humongous cat face in the background.

Definatley like Rogues better and am about to compare that next. This has a stronger dusty-dirtmust/earthyness from the hazelnut character. Guess really its just lighter so not really fair to compare the style. And after finding out they used mittlefrueh hops, I think after using them its kind of inspiring that I can identifiy that character as well. Not a bad nut-brown but not maybe close to a favorate.

SA hazel brown.jpg

Back