What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
North Coast Pranqster. Crap. Waste of money. The $11 I spent on a 4 pack of this smut could have gotten a true Belgian Golden Strong -- Duvel.

nukebrewer said:
No, they make an imperial stout called Sea Monster and a porter called Black Marlin among others. So the fish theme, yes. Only IPAs, no.

The fish themes cool but they need to start caryyinf the others by me they have like three ipas and nothing else at Wholefoods

Well, not counting this one I'm at 11, however I like even numbers so I am making it an even 12. :tank:

20130113_015300.jpg

Do they only make ipas and name them after fish?

As said previous, its not only fish, but primarily fish stuff. They also have an Imperial Stout called Victory at Sea. And a few others. They have a pretty solid lineup. I think Sculpin is probably their best beer though. But for the San Diego area, there are a LOT of other better beers.

Mehana Volcano Red Ale. Mehana is a subdivision of Hawaii Nui Brewing Co. as I chill in my hotel room in Kauai, HI.
Not terrible, not a good red ale. Their website claims its brewed in the American amber style, which it is, but at just over 5% with little body, it kinda falls flat. IN COMPARISON TO OREGON CRAFT BREW, FWIW.
Gotta say tho, not too impressed with the beer in Kauai (see above), however, with abundant Sierra Nevada and Gordon Beirsch Marzen EVERYWERE, it's been pretty alright. Despite the cascade of BMC. I was really hoping to visit a brewery while here on the island. Kauai needs a killer creative small craft brewery like nothing else. They need a lot of other stuff, too, but suffice to say I am eager to return to my brews.
But if you ever get the opportunity to visit Kauai, DO IT!!! Soooo amazingly beautiful & rad!!
F'n expensive, but if you plan ahead, cop some deals on lodging, and budget it's definately easy to do. Just make the decision & do it.

image-235564504.jpg

bottlebomber said:
Is that a bottle of Carlo Rossi peeking out from the side? ;)

Haha yea it is. I just started making one gal batches of mead and one gal SMaSH brews. I buy the one gallon sangria jugs of Rossi for the swmbo and make a nice batch of sangria for her and I get the jug. Win win :mug:

Me: PAC Brewing Laboratory "Squid Ink" Black IPA.

SWMBO: CaliCraft CaliKolsch.

Both are super good. The squid ink is fvcking awesome!!! I'm not a big fan of dark/ black IPA but this is super tasty. The Kolsch is pretty good too. Go Texans. As long as the Pats don't win

image-4171063447.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Whatcha brewwwwin'?

A new recipe for me. Just a home made citra cascadian mild IPA. Its a little high for a pale ale in the IBU category but not much. Other than that i would say its more of a pale ale.

Smelling great so far. Have ablut 35 minutes left in the boil and 6 hop additions to go.

My main focus is hitting my volumes spot on. Just recently bought a propane burner and there is a ton of evap on these things. Boiled off 2.5 gallons in my last batch. Made me miss my numbers substantially and had a much higher OG than expected.

Everything i need right here. Strike water going and my buzz be growing!

Cheers

A warning from peronal experience: that thermometer will epically fail if you don't do something to waterproof the probe.

Back